35hp gx200, or 50hp gx390

35HP from a 200cc motor is a BMEP of 250psi, more than some boosted engines. Interesting.
2.87 horsepower per cubic inch?? (200 cc engine) Is that possible with such a questionable engine? I can't remember seeing that big a number in even the most finely engineered engines. I could be wrong.

Why should I post my own numbers up I got locally? You won't believe it. So it takes someone else in another state to post them for me.

And I never said my motor was 200cc

I already have had my motor dyno tested. I make more than 35hp, but the 2 motors I have that makes more have billet heads on them. So I'm gonna send Brad 1 of the billet head motors just to test and 1 with a cast head for the competition. Others say they can do it, or make more power. So that's when the whole challenge started.

First, let me say more power to you guys. From the quoted post; Are you saying that you make more than 35 only with the billet head motors and you yourself have not reached 35 with a cast head in any form? If you post your numbers from your local guy, I don't think it will hurt but, might get someone else whipped into a frenzy to compete and we will know down the road how brad's dyno compares to your local guy.......

Brad already knows the guy I use to dyno my motors, and the type of dyno he has. I have 4 motors with billet heads, all make over 35hp. But I have 1 with a cast head that should make about 35hp. But it has never been dyno tested. The billet headed motor I'm sending Brad already been dyno tested. While the "legal" cast headed contest motor haven't been.

Yes, the modified billet heads I have flow more than my modified cast heads. Which results in more power, because I use bigger matching flow carbs on these billet heads.

Brad already knows the guy I use to dyno my motors, and the type of dyno he has. I have 4 motors with billet heads, all make over 35hp. But I have 1 with a cast head that should make about 35hp. But it has never been dyno tested. The billet headed motor I'm sending Brad already been dyno tested. While the "legal" cast headed contest motor haven't been.

Yes, the modified billet heads I have flow more than my modified cast heads. Which results in more power, because I use bigger matching flow carbs on these billet heads.

At what rpm do they reach max torque and HP? I'm not an engine builder but I would like to know.

I see this as a waste of time, MDB is not going to come forth with any kind of real numbers. No matter what is done he's going to have some excuse why he can't post those numbers. I'll be surprised if he ever comes forth with an engine. Any engine. I knew somebody like this in the past and you could never pin that guy down on anything he said. It used to amaze me what he could get away with.

I see this as a waste of time, MDB is not going to come forth with any kind of real numbers. No matter what is done he's going to have some excuse why he can't post those numbers. I'll be surprised if he ever comes forth with an engine. Any engine. I knew somebody like this in the past and you could never pin that guy down on anything he said. It used to amaze me what he could get away with.

Actually Al he has said he's sending engines to the competition, if he doesn't then nobody will believe anything, until then, at least he is stepping up. (potentially)

Actually Al he has said he's sending engines to the competition, if he doesn't then nobody will believe anything, until then, at least he is stepping up. (potentially)
I understand that he said that, he said a lot of things. But you're right, we'll just have to wait and see.

Sending the legal head that's gonna be on my motor to Brad friday. He gonna flow test it, and send it back to me. It's already been tested, but this is for the 4cycle data books.

Im not sure what this setup will do, but going to play with it... gx390ish, with a little help
IMG_4022.jpg

IMG_4113.jpg

Jokes aren't gonna get you more power than me. The question I posted was who in here has built a 35hp motor. NONE except me, and 35hp is very simple.

You guys are soooooooo far behind me it's pitiful really. And sending a motor off to be dyno tested wouldn't even be a nice thing for me to do. Remember ya'll still haven't made 30hp yet, let alone 35hp.

Wrong. I will certainly hit the 35 hp mark. Its go time. " Easy peasy". Right Mini?

Back