35hp gx200, or 50hp gx390

So when is the dead line for all motors to be in and then dyno testing to be done ?

Brad is waiting on the motors. I don't know who is actually committed except for Young and Mini. Mini said he had a 244 cc motor he would check out in mid September and send. I am ready with what I originally stated. A 234 cc motor. I would to know who the other participants are and what they are bringing. Brad could you please post this information?

Brad is waiting on the motors. I don't know who is actually committed except for Young and Mini. Mini said he had a 244 cc motor he would check out in mid September and send. I am ready with what I originally stated. A 234 cc motor. I would to know who the other participants are and what they are bringing. Brad could you please post this information?

I have a 3" bore, GX200 crankshaft, and a Hemi head.

This is giving me a headache. I'll just keep up on Facebook. Lol

I'm working on a 490cc big block clone that I will get dynoed when I complete it. Be nice if I get 50hp out of it. My biggest issue would be the crank holding up. No billet cranks for big blocks yet.

I don't think anyone is running anyone else down. All I see is argument over numbers that really don't have anything to do with each other.

As Ol' EC (rip) used to say, that's why we don't race dynos. :)
RIP , my old friend EC..."Just EC" was our version of Yogi Berra ...

This is giving me a headache. I'll just keep up on Facebook. Lol

I'm working on a 490cc big block clone that I will get dynoed when I complete it. Be nice if I get 50hp out of it. My biggest issue would be the crank holding up. No billet cranks for big blocks yet.
With a bit of work, you can put the ARC billet
crank in those engines.

With a bit of work, you can put the ARC billet
crank in those engines.

I'm going to wait. I heard though the grapevine ARC supposedly doing some 390 billet cranks soon.

If they don't come out with one maybe the Briggs 305 Stroker crank be the closest fit to it maybe? I'll just have to try find a stock crank and see how much work it is.

well we're capable of 32+ hp, but it's all peak hp at the top in 9 to 10k rpm range, not really usable hp for kart racing, so i've opted back off some lift and duration to around 28 hp with bushels of torque in my box stock project block with no welding and honda headed open mod clone, it's 14.321 ci or 234.679 cc with parts anyone can buy, if you know what you need for my build. here it is taking it to some nasty billet animals, starting last at Checkered Flags watch the orange helmet: https://youtu.be/2-Q9mA8cIQ8 that's on alky turning it only 7700 :cool: BTW it likes it's EC carb ;), that was the first time Micheal Register was ever on my 15 Exceed, Mitch Youngblood got a 3rd in UAS same day and a 3rd @ Dawgwood in the Ga. UAS series on that kart and motor. not bad for a little clone flatkart out there running with Jawas, KTMs, 450 Yamahas and Bama 250s. my next project is the same build, but with a hemi head.

For those of y'all who haven't looked closely @ MDB's build it's a CNCed billet hemi/canted valve tunnel ported head, so he has room for the 36mm intake valve, also it's sleeved for 3" piston, with welded and braced block extension and uses 3/8 head studs, I'm waiting till the rules state no welding, use of epoxy and all parts must be stuff you can buy off-shelf. If I were into building the fastest Mini Drag Bike, it'd probably sporting a TZ 500 Yamaha set up to run on M5 and 30% nitro and get Peewee Gleason to ride it. :cool:

Can't remember an I'm not going through all them posts to find it. BradH was running the dyno he posted the results.

Yes there was some real good stuff going on .
Everyone involved had good stuff , ran to failure point.
Hp numbers are easy to throw around , hard to actually get.

Yes there was some real good stuff going on .
Everyone involved had good stuff , ran to failure point.
Hp numbers are easy to throw around , hard to actually get.

Its good to know Because I'm in the Market For a good head combo to get close to 30hp but its looking like it might not even happen to reach my goal.

I'm very new to this forum but i must say that was the Best Reading EVER!!!! Damn if i were a tv producer all y'all involved in that mile long thread would have a show on Velocity. I had a feeling that MiniDragBike's mouth would our perform his motor all in all it was entertaining reading. Ok it's 2018 so who's gonna stir the pot now?

Back