363/730 'Flow' Comparison...

screamn 2

Has anybody done a flow bench comparison between a 'stock' Hemi head and a 'stock' big valve/sm stem '730' head? Also, is there any body/vender offering SS small-stem valves for the 730? Has anyone put the small valve stem thru 'the-test' Yet? (Curiosity is killing-the-cat here):D

I got 51.80 on the stock clone head isn't that close? Unless you are reading the wrong column? I also used some weak springs on it and they were coil bound before 350 lift so I stopped at .300 on that head.

I got 51.80 on the stock clone head isn't that close? Unless you are reading the wrong column? I also used some weak springs on it and they were coil bound before 350 lift so I stopped at .300 on that head.

That's normal stock head, I'm saying the Hemi head seems low, by about 5cfm.

I have another one I got from Gerald I will try it and see how it does. Mine had some machining edge on the port that I saw after it was already off the bench. I was surprised at how little improvement I saw as well but it may well have been the edge that was left between the port runner and the bowl machining.

Back