38hp flatty? Really?

The carb and cubic inches don't add up to 38 CHP....28 is possible, but still a stretch...then again, you know it's all a matter of who's dyno and the mysterious "marketing" factors. ;)

It looks like a real nice piece for that kinda dough though -- someone would do well to pick it up for that.
Thing is, what do you do with a hopped up flathead now-a-days? Niche applications for sure.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
28 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

I got a old racer who is a close friend he told me that he could take a junk motor and run a synopsis pull and make it look like killer motor lol

- - - Updated - - -

dyno pull lol dang fingers

At $400 it would still make a good open flathead for small tracks, could probably work better with a Tilly on it but who knows. I have a buddy with 2 blockzilla opens, he ran them on karts and JR dragsters both, he did change the carbs from 33-34mm slide carbs to HR191 tilly carb on both, i know he has $4000 or more in each of those engines so i could see $2500 in the one posted, especially with that name on the blower housing, it is possible he payed $2500 for an open flathead

At $400 it would still make a good open flathead for small tracks, could probably work better with a Tilly on it but who knows. I have a buddy with 2 blockzilla opens, he ran them on karts and JR dragsters both, he did change the carbs from 33-34mm slide carbs to HR191 tilly carb on both, i know he has $4000 or more in each of those engines so i could see $2500 in the one posted, especially with that name on the blower housing, it is possible he payed $2500 for an open flathead

Tried messaging the guy, no response. He's only 4 hours away so I figured if he responds, might be a fun little monster to have. :D

I would call or email KSR and see if its one of there engines for sure, then ask them questions, they may know why the engine is going for so low a price....they may tell you to jump on it.....

I use to own this motor. It was very very clean and a TOP Notch flathead. Beautiful work on block and ports. I dont know this guy but if its in the same condition its a steal. I sold it to him a few years back. JMO Steve Vaughn

I use to own this motor. It was very very clean and a TOP Notch flathead. Beautiful work on block and ports. I dont know this guy but if its in the same condition its a steal. I sold it to him a few years back. JMO Steve Vaughn
Steve knows, hes has numerous motors with big power. Him and Kevin gas some ponies at the Big O, and they have won it several times.
When Knopf, Mullis, Moates, Nall, names like this want your motors.....you know you have some good ones.

Kevin replied, it is indeed their motor. Said they sold it like 3-4 years ago, stevevaughn31 did you originally purchase it?

Believe it or not i got this engine from a friend that bought it at a mini-storage auction. Some had not paid there monthly rent and Storage company sold all contents. I took engine to KSR and freshend it up. I do some mods there but they are all KSR motors. If that makes sense.

Believe it or not i got this engine from a friend that bought it at a mini-storage auction. Some had not paid there monthly rent and Storage company sold all contents. I took engine to KSR and freshend it up. I do some mods there but they are all KSR motors. If that makes sense.

That's crazy!! Something like that just up and gone because you forgot simple rent which was way cheaper than the motor lol. Either way I worked a deal with the gentleman and have purchased it so hopefully it's as good as everyone made it sound. I didn't overpay so I feel comfortable about it. Plus after talking to Kevin, a rebuild on it isn't that bad honestly.

I have heard of some 40+ H.P. F.H. Tecumsas.

The Stars are what you're looking for. "Thumpers" as they called them lol

Glad you got it.
I had texted and emailed the seller about it and he said he had an offer on the table at $650.
Still a good deal if you need something like this...I've got too many engines like this already (most are "projects") that collect dust. :)

Let us know what it's like when you get it in.

Glad you got it.
I had texted and emailed the seller about it and he said he had an offer on the table at $650.
Still a good deal if you need something like this...I've got too many engines like this already (most are "projects") that collect dust. :)

Let us know what it's like when you get it in.

Ya that was my price. He said he marked it down to $400 for Christmas in hopes someone would get it and "forgot" to change the price back after the holiday season. Either way he wouldn't budge so I offered to help pay for the shipping by adding the extra $50 just to finally stop the bickering. Honestly the gentleman was kind of "interesting" and difficult to talk to.
He, on a good note, did send a new Draggin Skin clutch with it so I am grateful for that at least. We'll see what appears once it arrives.

I had 450 in carb. I bought it brand new and Roy Whaley does his thing to it. And then shipping. I know its a little high but thats what I paid. It had a JR Racecar hot coil and there adjustsble coil bracket. It had a 3" Crank and ARC Flywheel. Its worth what you paid if it is broke

Back