390 carb on 212

I don't know ,but I would think 26mm would be better , probably my next move
Im going to try it. I have the 26pwk new in the box and have been running a 390 with a worked 27/25 valve head and has been running really good. Ive ran my 32/25 head with the 390 and it also ran good. Just always wanting to try something if there is anything worth trying.

Im going to try it. I have the 26pwk new in the box and have been running a 390 with a worked 27/25 valve head and has been running really good. Ive ran my 32/25 head with the 390 and it also ran good. Just always wanting to try something if there is anything worth trying.
Just FYI.

Smaller bore theoretically more velocity.

Velocity creates better torque at the expense of topend horsepower.

Extrapolate from there.

I have 2 open motors with 212 carbs on them running methanol. Great carbs for this and absolutely trouble free. Wish I could say the same about my Mikunis. My engine guy says yes I could switch to an aftermarket carb but doubts the gains would be worth the money horsepower wise.

I have 2 open motors with 212 carbs on them running methanol. Great carbs for this and absolutely trouble free. Wish I could say the same about my Mikunis. My engine guy says yes I could switch to an aftermarket carb but doubts the gains would be worth the money horsepower wise.

You are running stock appearing carbs on your opens? Are they big valve opens?

You are running stock appearing carbs on your opens? Are they big valve opens?
Theyre big valve motors with reworked cast heads. Small block open stuff but I will say we do not run large tracks. They will easily turn 9500 but run best at 8700-8800 rpms.

Back