3910x plug issues

About every major clone builder in the country has.
I have no doubt everybody runs that plug, it's a performance advantage, a loophole in the rules besides. Someone should make a plug hole adapter for checking cc that duplicated that plugs characteristics.

I can just see all the rule makers scurrying to make a rule that says you cannot change the plug in the pit exit lane. At the end of the main. lol

You are either going to have a cc rule or you're not!

Not that it makes any difference to me you understand, just wondering.

I've heard of machining plugs to get them deeper into the head in clone racing....not well enough educated on the subject to know if the gains are significant enough to warrant it or not, it would sure seem to me it's raising the danger of burning a piston exponentially...🧐
no real risk of burning a piston, but the potential for the plug and piston making contact is real.

FWIW, I fouled a 3910X on the dyno yesterday -- adult clone. 1st one for me.
I had just changed the flywheel/timing, so I "assumed" the flywheel had slipped.
Evidently I let it run too long at low rpm. And I tell all of our customers to not let them sit and idle on the grid. Go figure!

FB0DC8DC-FE53-46BC-950F-BF445719005E.png

^^^ this is my favorite plate plug. We have great luck with it. Only thing I don’t like is it’s a resistor plug.

The only 3910X plug I have ever had a problem with is one that quit after we pulled the CHT sensor off and didn't compensate for its thickness with indexing washers. My bad.
I do some motor work for others from time to time and always replace the plug with a new one. I save the plugs I take out and put them in something of my own, still never had a problem.

FWIW, I fouled a 3910X on the dyno yesterday -- adult clone. 1st one for me.
I had just changed the flywheel/timing, so I "assumed" the flywheel had slipped.
Evidently I let it run too long at low rpm. And I tell all of our customers to not let them sit and idle on the grid. Go figure!
That's surprising, I thought the big selling point For that plug was that it did not foul!

That's surprising, I thought the big selling point For that plug was that it did not foul!
When a plug wet fouls, I don't care how many grounds it has, once the end of the plug is soaked with fuel, good luck at getting it to fire again with these weak coils that we use.
Wrong heat range, wrong application, wrong fueling at idle....just not a plug designed for what we are doing with it (in my opinion,) but it displaces the most CCs in the chamber, therefor, it makes more power. End of story.

I once bought a box of 4 from advance auto and all of them were bad. Was very mad took them back and got new ones. But only happened to me one time out of 4 years

Back