3rd rear tire??

Atv999

Has anyone on here heard of or have tried running a 3rd rear tire in the center of the axle? If so, are there any recommendations on tire size, rim width, etc..?

Mark Bergfelt ran two RR's for awhile.
Don't know if he left for the Nationals yet but you ought to talk to him about it.

Unless the center tire was bigger I think it would be a pain in the butt.
And if it's bigger how would you ever have any stagger.
You'd have to setup to either run middle right or middle left switching between the two.

If it's smaller the what good will it do unless yer a big old super sumo racer?

I've heard of it. I've also heard it doesn't work because you push like crazy and it's allot of useless rotating mass.

And if it's bigger how would you ever have any stagger.
Correction you would have stagger when the weight is on the LR and the RR is being slipped.
Heck might be ok thinking about it now.
And if your rolling the corner you could roll it on the center and RR.
... so ... heck maybe ... try it

Correction you would have stagger when the weight is on the LR and the RR is being slipped.
Heck might be ok thinking about it now.
And if your rolling the corner you could roll it on the center and RR.
... so ... heck maybe ... try it
I had a fella mention it to me at our track yesterday. He said he has seen guys running 450 karts running them. He thought maybe it would help us out on our small tracks with higher hp engines.

Seem like it was in the wka magazine around 05 but i can not find any pictures of it or the twin engine mount he had .
I believe it was adjustable 2 ways toe and surface pressure ..

Mike Clements did it. I dont remember if it didnt work or if it was banned.
Mike Clements chassis had a 5th wheel in the middle right side (3 wheels front, middle, and rear right side) of the chassis. He said that it did work and was banned at some venue's. I talked with him about this chassis after he sent it to me in a email. I don't have that email anymore otherwise I'd show picture of it.

Back