4 stroke mx engine using electric starter help

Fast2VA

Any ideas of how to use a normal kart electric starter on mx engine with kick start and keeping transmission ?

Weld a nut info axle for starter. Put a wood block under rear bumper when you start in and while in gear. Then shift to nuetral. Maybe.

There is a guy that does a modification. Cruz Vandall has his done by the guy. He'll give you a number when he views this.
Mike

I was thinking of putting a nut on the kick start and using a left hand starter but not sure if it would work or not. A nut on the axle also sounds like a good idea.

The kick start has a lock out to prevent over rotating it. Some can be removed, but most can't. There is a guy in FL doing a side cover mod for just this thing. Lots of Hill climb racers do this because they build those engines so extensively kicking them is out of the question. Renee Angel can get you in contact with him, I no longer have his number.

I was going to have this done for my engine, but the KTM takes a whole different setup and he doesn't have the tooling for it. Wendell has all the tooling and setup for the others, from the way I remember he'll make one and send it to you and you just send him yours. It's quite a neat setup, simple for the right person. But, he only done the Honda's, kawi's, Suzuki, and Yamaha. He should have the setup for all those engines.

Yep Wendell is old school very trusting guy he will send u his side cover and then u send yours back with a check good guy to deal with

I took the kickstart shaft out and cut the little stopper off and removed the spring using a Honda civic gear reduction starter with the kickstarter machined down with a nut welded on

I took the kickstart shaft out and cut the little stopper off and removed the spring using a Honda civic gear reduction starter with the kickstarter machined down with a nut welded on

i tried a Honda Civic starter for my gx390 didnt get anywhere . we went to a Subaru Legacy starter and BINGO

Back