4 wheel drift

kartboy63

our kart always seem to have a prob. that it wants to drift up in the corner, it won't stay on the bottom. It does it with maxxis, vegas it don't matter. would more left help it or what does it need.

General rule of thumb is too much left is root cause of 4 wheel drift.
ditto.

... and ya gotta slow down some too

4 wheel drift your left side tires are already being over used and the right then can't carry all the weight and hold you in.

Fix is to change your thinking and use the rights more along with slowing down because the tracks probably slicked up some and you can't go as fast as you did before. ... and throw a bit of gear to it too because over all you'll be going slower.

What size is the driver?
Most of the time people get 4 wheel drift confused with a slight push... its either tires, or lots of times adding a bit of left takes away the push, but need to know what size driver is to tell which is the issue.

I have no personal experience with LTO racing but I have a long list of previously posted setups.

The rear bite is a lot less than most. The LF to RF ratio is reversed from most that I've seen. Most help more cross than left side.

I see no mention of stagger or turn radius. No mention of track width, front or rear.

How fast you're going might play a part. With more information you might get better answers!!

No detailed response might tell us something!

Just a shot in the dark, but it sounds like possibly a low grip dry and dusty track, correct? If so, could be something as simple as driving into the corner too deep and too hard, nothing for tires to get hold of to keep it from sliding....maybe try going into corner easier and waiting to feel the tires gripping before getting back on the throttle? Too many kart racers are under the misconception that you hold it wide open at all times, sometimes the track surface condition says otherwise....jmo

2017 kinetik geneses, 46.5 N 58.5 L 58 X , 8 & 12 caster .5 and 2.5 camber
Lower left 2 or 3%.
Seat isn't too low is it?
Never want your left and cross that close, specially the closer to 50% you get, that coupled with a seat too low and its just skating ⛸

Back