420 Predator Jetting Help

DRC21

Need help jetting a 420 Predator to run on alcohol, ported head and slightly bigger cam, trying to find a base line jetting setup.

Hu???? A 32-62 on a big block running methanol ..... nooooooo....I don't have a clue what carb you have or what jetting your running now ....but those numbers sound low even for gas ! Hmmmmm...WAIT.....oooohhhhh ...it's a stoc carb ....actually that might be close ....????????. But yea that's a good question tho ...one I am actually on here looking to get answers to myself ..I am running a460 with 450" lift and 15:1 compression ratio ....with a 34mm mikuni tm .. anyone out there that can help ? The tm carb is new ..the same engine with a vm34 mikuni on gas jets has a 270 large hex main and a 35 pilot ...any way to know what methanol jets I would run ? Is 50% larger jet size right ? Hmmmm ....help

Doubt you are any where close to 15 to 1

70mm stroke, 90mm bore, head shaved .100", head o ringed, .032" copper head gasket. Do the math.

Im not saying mr big block 460 is there, but those are the numbers im working with right now. It is definitely possible :)

Welded head ! Milled .085" 92mm piston and 70mm stroke ...22 cc chamber .010" head gasket .020" in the hole ...4cc valve reliefs....it's actually lowered to 15:1 ...but yea your right !! It takes a real man to get 15:1 ...lol....most don't go there ! Watch my videos ...Paul's karts ...on you tube ...serious **** !....I still need info on jetting methanol ...is the jetting 50% more or 250% or what ? ...anyone with real knowledge reply ...no guesstimates...

Welded head ! Milled .085" 92mm piston and 70mm stroke ...22 cc chamber .010" head gasket .020" in the hole ...4cc valve reliefs....it's actually lowered to 15:1 ...but yea your right !! It takes a real man to get 15:1 ...lol....most don't go there ! Watch my videos ...Paul's karts ...on you tube ...serious **** !....I still need info on jetting methanol ...is the jetting 50% more or 250% or what ? ...anyone with real knowledge reply ...no guesstimates...
Anyone answer you on this yet? Thank you.

Gas burns best at about 14 – 1 ratio. Alcohol burns best at about 6 – 1 ratio. Adjust your jet size area, not diameter, with those ratios in mind. Rule of thumb; a 100% increasing area. Pi R^2 is the formula for area of a hole.
jet size 3.jpg

Back