450 project done.

pace24

http://s240.photobucket.com/user/pace24/slideshow/

Thought I would share my project.

I bought this 07 yz450f for 400 bucks.( Needed a rod a crank), Put it together in my garage, not that hard I might add lol.

550 bucks later its done and running with no tranny. So I have around 950 in motor. That's with radiator and water temp gauge and mount.

My final weight is 436, I had to add 12 pounds to get my numbers right etc. Biggest thing to me is the cost savings to me and now I can throw more tires to the equation and worry about that rather then engine rebuilds on my now backup billet engine.

Mike

Mike, looks really good. I was thinking that that thing can snap a chain pretty easy. Is your chain guard corrugated plastic or is there steel under it? I had a buddy who had a chain damage a tendon in his arm at Shellys a long time ago. It really messed him up for almost a year. Take care and good luck!

Mike, looks really good. I was thinking that that thing can snap a chain pretty easy. Is your chain guard corrugated plastic or is there steel under it? I had a buddy who had a chain damage a tendon in his arm at Shellys a long time ago. It really messed him up for almost a year. Take care and good luck!

Yea its steel under there. Lol, its road sign material. That reflective is just so you could see it at night. And thanks!

mike

Mike, That really looks nice sitting on that Helix. Do you still have setup # i gave you. If not just let me know and i will be glad to help you out.

Helix is working well man, just some fine tuning when I added the wedge. And George yea I wanted to do wrap this year i was thinking i throwing the Yamaha theme in there somehow lol

Yea, Yamaha theme would look hot and put hot flames on the nose cone so as you are passing the 2 smokers everyone will see that your kart is On FIRE

450 Project Done

Mr Mikey If that 450 has tooo much power give captain a call. He will put the right pedal down.

Back