48x96 Harbor Freight Utility Trailer Big Enough to Haul Margay Brava 206 Kart? Ger.

Measure the widest tread on your kart, outside of tire to outside of the opposite tire, probably the rear axle. That will give you your answer. A guess - no, 48" is probably 5-7 inches too narrow.

Yes, it will be fine. I hauled a Coyote Freeroller, a toolbox, spare tires, a box of gears, fuel and oil on the same type trailer back in the early 1990’s. Make sure to build the sides for it.

I have used this trailer for a year without building it up. Then built it up to hold 2 karts, tires,chairs,grill,table,5gal water bucket,air tank and a small gater generator all inside. 2 folding kart stands sit on the tongue.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1575930482376.jpg
    FB_IMG_1575930482376.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 51
  • 20190214_180637.jpg
    20190214_180637.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 50
I had a friend in San Diego who purchased one. He ended up with a full enclosure and ramp. It worked well, he had no problems with it.
He hung 2 karts to the walls leaving adequate room for a limiited amount of equipment, such as toolboxes etc. etc. also two rolling kart stands.

I have a small one like that and I took off the fenders and made the plywood top extra wide for a 55" rear track. no room for anything but the kart.

Hello Sundog,

Would you happen to remember the dimensions of the plywood you used on your 48x96 utility trailer? That way I can hopefully have it cut at Home Depot. Thx. Ger.

No matter what size trailer you buy, in two weeks you'll wish you had a bigger one.

Amen to that!!! Until you approach the weight limit your tow vehicle will haul or reach the size beyond which you aren't comfortable maneuvering. there is no such thing as too big. When an acquaintance's tow vehicle for his sprint car operation was out of commission for a couple of weeks, I rapidly became quite comfortable towing his 8'x28' trailer, which surprised me. And at 11,500 lbs with the spare engine and stuff, my 3/4 ton crew cab diesel didn't even breath that hard over the increase in weight (about 3 times what I normally hauled). Bigger is definitely better, up to a point.

For a trailer of the dimensions of the subject Harbor Freight unit, I like Ted Hamilton's solution in his pictures in post #10 above. That makes it big enough to be useful.

I liked that little trailer, especially for hauling my lawn mower around.... You can get other "landscaping trailers," but the metal mesh doesn't shield the kart (and tools!) from road gravel, etc. Plus this became an elevated workbench often, and could even be used as a camping platform for a tent. (Tolerable when I was younger and bendy still.) As seen here, it can also help tether an EZ-UP, etc. I was surprised that those Chinese wheel bearings held up. Never had a problem....until I loaded about (8) 6x6x20's on there.....lol
1601080555351.jpeg

Attachments

• 1601080554721.jpeg
    1601080554721.jpeg
    102.1 KB · Views: 8
Back