5-4-2019 LRP Local Points Post Race Review

I took a nap and now it’s time to do a race review of yesterday’s event.
The track at Liberty Raceway was in prime shape as usual for the beginning of the 3rd LRP Local Points event of 2019. Practice started at 1:00, right on schedule. The sun grew higher in the sky with temps increasing as the day went only to bring on the inevitable. Thunder showers were coming in hard and fast. Tommy was trying to get everyone to the grid as fast as possible to get qualifying done and possibly all the races too. I had to tell him not to have a heart attack down there. He told me “it’s hot and humid. These people are doing great! I couldn’t do this now under these conditions.”. I guess he was figuring y’all were much younger than him and he remembered how he did with Zack and he survived so y’all should too. After qualifying was completed and we began the main events I noticed the track had gotten pretty fast with times getting down in the mid eleven second range. The track was finally what we hear as considered “GOOD”. Now this is Marty talking and my good is a Goat track but I’m not in control. I’m sure a few of you say “thank God” and a few wishes I was but I have decided there no pleasing you so we do the same every week and let God have control of the rest. But the main reason I wanted to post a review is to thank everyone for being good sports and understanding how important it is to complete each event. We got to complete half of the main events before the rains came to claim the track and the rest of the night. I can’t tell you how pleased we are that you all worked with us in the returning of the transponders to the tech shed. You are without a doubt the best group anyone could ever ask for. I have never been so thankful for being blessed with a racing family like we have at Liberty Raceway!

The following are the winners of the following classes:
Sr Champ – Chase Cunningham
Jr 1 - Colton Payne
Prelude Clone 375 – Colby Horner
Clone 450 – Daniel Terry
Jr 3 – Triston Brown
Limited Modified – Freddie Wiseman
Clone 375 – Colby Horner
Clone Red Plate – Bryson Smith
Jr Champ – Blake Sutphin
Clone 425 – Justin Tucker
Clone Heavy 375 – Colby Horner
Predator 375 – Carter Hampton
Jr 2 – Elijah Seawell
Predator 390 – Nick Blackburn
Clone Sr. – Keith Brame
Teen Champ – Elijah Seawell
Predator 425 – Brian Goodman
Jr 1 $$ - Lucas Amburn
Jr 2 $$ - Elijah Seawell
Jr 3 $$ - Elijah Seawell
Jr Champ $$ - Blake Sutphin
Clone 425 $$ - Justin Tucker
Sr Champ $$ - Nick Blackburn
Clone 390 $$ - Jacques Newsom
Mini Cup Late Models– Kevin Sutphin

We thank all of you who came out and raced with us. It’s not all about racing. We meet with friends and spend time with family and in the meantime we include a little racing. We will be back at Woodleaf Raeway this coming weekend for the Trick/Olimpic NCDS #3 2019. We hope you all decide to come. If you need parking, please let me know. My phone number is 336-953-2522. You can call or text. Please include the size of trailer you have as that determines where you could be parking. Thank you again and hope to see you all Saturday!

Back