50cc Suzuki 2 smoker quad

BrendanFitz#73

Mohawk Dawg
So found this yesterday and need some help. Never been a 2 stroke guy so Im thinking about cutting the top of the frame and putting a fathead on it. Im also going to try and put some kart wheels and tires on it.

What do you guys think? Any ideas. Ive never done anything with a 4 wheeler this small so its free game. Should be fun.

Attachments

• 15922692858482796487684323669870.jpg
    15922692858482796487684323669870.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 20200615_175213.jpg
    20200615_175213.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 19
Is it stuck ? Your choice we tried it on a cycle . Your going to need a jackshaft for enough gear or torque converter might do it . Transmison help more then you realize .. Small tires may help .

Not stuck but I do not know the condition of the engine. Spins over fine and almost wants to kick over. Maybe Ill clean the rust out of the tank. Also I noticed whoever was the last one in it put a new carb on it so maybe a clean tank and fresh gas is all I need. Gotta give everything a once over especially the steering and rear axle.

For being so small it has a 219 pitch chain lol. Best part was getting off work and finding out my 3 year old has already claimed it and wont stop arguing with me about it.

I had one for years. Both my kids learned how to ride on it. Very easy to work with and cheap. Look on eBay. Lots of parts. Complete new carb $20. Rebuild kit with new cylinder, under $75. They are Chinese knock off parts but they will make it run. Those little engines we just about indestructible. Do a compression check. Anything over 90 psi it will run. If it has the auto oil injector, remove it. Mix your own gas. Clean carb, fresh gas, plug, air filter and I bet it will fire.
1F807592-992C-4206-8A5A-BC522769A4AC.jpeg

Thats actually awesome information thank you guys. I was curious what the oil tank was called and it has some funky stuff in it. Luckily the parts store I work for has a small engine side. Get a couple cans of the pre mix trufuel no ethanol stuff and some carb cleaner. Just in case any rust made it to the carb.

So upon further inspection the oil injector line has been cut. Also have a fitting between the carb and head that I cant find a line to and have no clue what it is for. Carb has rust in it, tank had some dark brown gas in it and some visible rust cancer.

Ill grab a plug at work and pull the carb off and clean it out. Still cant find a compression tester but by feel it has compression just dont know how much.

Anything else I should be looking at? The oil line goimg into the crankcase leaks a lot. I cant tell if it is the line or the gasket under the fitting. Anything I can do to stop that?

Back