530cc kart

Irishdevil49

I'm building a big 2stroke kart. I'm using a modified phantom oval frame and body . I'm mating a 91arctic cat El Tigre 530cc w/c 2 stroke. I recently found a similar build on YouTube. Rat rod kart minis. It's fast like a$! Puckered white knuckle fast. I have a few tech questions if anyone is curious on working out kinks. For instance. Can u use one master for to separate rear brakes. Can I run a line to each caliper and jump between with a line.

I want to run dual disc in back! I'm addind my front rotors and hubs but would like a little heifer brakes in back. Was going to run one line to each rear and jump calipers toget her in back to make a looped system.

More likely to drag the rears, think automotive brakes, motorcycle brakes, bias stronger toward the front.

Yep trial and error kinda. I don't know if hub to rim bolts, axle etc will hold up to the 530cc. I don't know how to post pics or I would show yall what I'm working on

Check with chassis manufacturers, most new chassis use a brake setup that has 2 fittings in the master cylender but one is plugged off, and only one line runs to the caliper, then at the caliper there is some other type of fitting that connects both halves of the caliper lines together, allowing both to work off a single brake line from the master cyl instead 2 typical lines. You could buy those fittings for the calipers, then just run longer line to the extra caliper from the 2nd fitting in the master cylender, if that makes sense. I'd also get ahold of Chris Seay and order the UAS brake rotors they sell, those rotors are twice as thick, vented and slotted, much stronger and more durable than the typical stock kart rotor is and is specifically designed for high hp karts like 450-500cc engines like you have. Hope this helps

Us is the setup I have on my coyote sprint kart. The frame I'm using has regular mcp setup. Any suggestions on sprockets. Axle is 1.250 my intermediate axle for the secondary clutch is 7/8 od. I need a 1 to 1 setup on sprockets.I'm thinking about using 520 chain

Were i race here in michigan we have no rules and we have all kinds of snowmobile powerd karts. Big twins liquid cooled air cooled. There not that fast a cr 250 will eat it right up !!

Any track in michigan . owosso motorsports park . arthur raceway. There are five or six snowmobile powered karts here. I hate them .

Going to watch the race schedule for when they race. Bet there fast. I have 100hp 440 to try it and extra frame too to put it on. Plus front and rear brakes too. Just will be a Challenge to put it on the frame and clutch.

Do you have one now? Would like to see pictures or kart to build one.

I dont have one . i run a one lung 500cc four stroke.they machine the crank and put a clutch on it. With a sub plate bloted to the engine with that bolted to the bottom of engine mount.

Look up Gene Farris, White Knuckle Speed Shop in Michigan, he has a 440cc 2 stroke snowmobile engine on a sprint chassis and races on the dirt tracks up there alot. He came down to Ky to race with us last year and he had a blast even though he was nowhere close to hooking that thing up here lol

Back