5500 rpm stock motor

C Wetzel

How do you get close to 5500 rpm with out of box engine? Trying with throttle stop screw. Was told not to move springs to different holes. I'll keep working on it. Thx. Craig

What Dyno Don said you go over the cam power and our of the power band will do you no good 4900 should be where you live with stock cam for max power

They are just using the 5500 max rpm for a max rule.. NO ONE is turning a Pure Stock Engine that high with govenor installed.. AS mentioned the sweet spot seems to be 4600-4800...

Do you adjust the governor to turn more rpm? Is it showing 4900 on the stand. I am really interested in this box stock class. The only predator I ever ran had the governor removed so I have neve really fooled with one. When the motors are teched at the track how is it done. Does the track have there own tach that they go by. Seems like that would be what you would do. I want to find out everything I can about this class. New track coming and I may try to get this going.

Once I'm up to speed, if I can turn 5500 rpm instead of 4800, I'm going to, all day long.... But that's a big ONCE. Does the torque fall off a cliff or just taper down?

Engines that have a 5500 rpm max only turn 4850 to 5050. They fall off the cliff at 4900. Any engine that would win a race at 5500 would not be an out of the box engine and would/should raise a red flag lol

So how does the tech man check the motors at the track. That is what I am asking. I know a motor will turn more on the stand. I am sure there is a thread on here explaining how the tech man checks the motors at the track.

Engines that have a 5500 rpm max only turn 4850 to 5050. They fall off the cliff at 4900. Any engine that would win a race at 5500 would not be an out of the box engine and would/should raise a red flag lol
Don. I have your phone. Can I call you afterwhile. John

Tracks all seem to do their own thing.. Heres a few I am aware of
** Tachometer check ONLY and allow claiming to take over
** Tachometer and a lil visual tech as for head gasket, muffler and air box
** Tachometer, remove carburetor, muffler,,air box and check ignition timing
** Some tracks when running for a substantial amount $$ with tear down the engine and check multiple things

If you are running these engines over 5000 rpm's with gov,,stk muffler and filter than you have something done or you have a 1 in 100 engine

Back