600 mini-sprints in the midwest

Glad you are ready to go, and I agree with your choice to go with the 305 class - had I made that decision in 2011 instead of 2004, in view of all that has changed within the 600 micro realm since '04, I would have made the same decision you did and gone RaceSaver 305. Of course, that would have meant one more big expense - I can't get a full sized sprinter in a 14' trailer. :)

Good luck and keep us posted on how it goes; it's a great class, especially on tracks 3/8 mile and less.

If you can find a classic quarter mile bullring with banked turns (central PA types will immediately think Path Valley Speedway, a perfect example) within convenient travel distance, you will find that a 305 teaches a young driver just about everything they need to know about the basics of driving a sprint car while keeping them on their toes, plus they keep high dollar engines from being any particular advantage. Again, good luck and most important, you and the kids have fun.

Glad you are ready to go, and I agree with your choice to go with the 305 class - had I made that decision in 2011 instead of 2004, in view of all that has changed within the 600 micro realm since '04, I would have made the same decision you did and gone RaceSaver 305. Of course, that would have meant one more big expense - I can't get a full sized sprinter in a 14' trailer. :)

Good luck and keep us posted on how it goes; it's a great class, especially on tracks 3/8 mile and less.

If you can find a classic quarter mile bullring with banked turns (central PA types will immediately think Path Valley Speedway, a perfect example) within convenient travel distance, you will find that a 305 teaches a young driver just about everything they need to know about the basics of driving a sprint car while keeping them on their toes, plus they keep high dollar engines from being any particular advantage. Again, good luck and most important, you and the kids have fun.

Yep, Bloomington is 2 hours from the house. Only track in Indiana that offers the RaceSaver series locally so far.
1/4 mile high bank red clay with no walls -- perfect place to learn. I got rookie of the year there in '93 running against 5 Kinsers most nights. :) We're looking forward to getting the big car back out again for sure. I still have everything from my days with the WoO, so hopefully he'll show some good progress and then make the move into the 410 stuff I've accumulated over the years.
We'll still be at plenty of kart tracks too -- I've also got a younger son that isn't ready to be relegated to full time mud scraper for his big brother - he still wants to wheel a car once in a while too. :)

Brian, We are running US 24(mainly), Peru, Plymouth and Baer Field. There are a few in Il as well but haven't ran them in awhile

Call me if you need more

Kenny Haun, Rensselaer

Gheesh, Kenny...you resurrected a post from three years ago and wasn't updated as of a whole year ago. :)

We're currently running the RaceSaver 305 sprint car and loving it. No tire prep. Cheaper tire bill than karts (spent a total of $200 on tires so far this year.)
Plenty of good cars to run with. Decent pay structure. Stable rules nation-wide.
Relatively cheap engine, super cheap maintenance on the engine...
and best of all -- a good way to use up some of my old junk that's just been sitting here. ;)

Back