.602 tech tool design

alvin l nunley

Site Supporter
Just having fun with my CAD/CAM program. This is my design for a tech tool that checks the carb for the .602 specification. It's designed so that you don't have to have the handle at a perfect 90° to the bore. It's designed with a .6021" tolerance. It's a no go gauge.
602q1 teck tool.jpg

As with most any type of 2-point tool to check/measure a bore, it's relatively simple to defeat: just make the (carb) bore slightly tri-lobed.

PM

Just looked it up... 3 different no-go gauges required just to check the front and back side of that venturi? Yikes! :oops:

PM

that is the way I made mine back when I was a WKA tech man - circa 1995
found a bunch of "oval" shape restrictor plates that the "plug gage" let by.

Last edited:
While we are still discussing the no go gauges, we still need to know what is the tech correct no go gauge + amount on the .602 gauge? Is it .602000, .6021, .6022, .6025.................etc or what? Just a very small amount like .0002" can make a carb bore be in spec or be a DQ! I've seen this in the tech barn over the years. The true actual gauge spec dimension is the most important part when a no go or a go gauge is being used in the tech barn.

On a side note tech men should be properly trained how to use a no go gage.........Ive seen them push ( or wiggle ) the gauge thru the hole! Not good!!

Steve

On a side note tech men should be properly trained how to use a no go gage.........Ive seen them push ( or wiggle ) the gauge thru the hole! Not good!!

When their thumb turns blue, you know you've got trouble. ;)

There is training available...Tech seminars are conducted annually at Sevierville, TN & Wilmington, OH. Contact Lewis Stout for more details.

Back