68120 predator mods

jimmy2times

So my main focus right now is finding out what mods fit with my engine 68120. Cause I know there's the newer model, I think it's 69730. I just don't want to buy something go to put it in and come to find out I got the wrong parts. I plan on rebuilding the motor, remove the governor, new cam, billet rod, flywheel, valve springs and rockers etc. I'm trying to keep the price down on what I can but I know there are some things that have to go high quality. So any help or input is appreciated on my build.

You need parts for the non hemi predator, if you look at some of the websites that sell parts for them, they use the same exact parts as the 69730 model predator except yours will use stock clone or honda valves since it has 25mm intake and 24mm exhaust valves like the clones do. So be sure you order non hemi predator parts when you order something and you are good to go. It will also use clone/honda rockers, valve retainers, and pushrods, the only parts that are non hemi predator specific parts are the flywheel, rod, cam and piston/rings. hope that helps, send me a message if you need to know anything else about it

thanks, theres so much different information out there i dont whats true or not. The only other question i have is where should get the parts from. Theres so many different sites that have different kits with some of the same parts in it for all different prices. Is there a popular site or is it all down to preference?

I just started racing this year. I bought the lasted generation predator, because of the bested head. I've heard the older blocks are stronger? I don't know.
Ive put a billet rod and flat to piston one,billet flywheel,cl2 cam, had 18# valve springs( today it got 26# springs and 1.3rockers) and a card jet kit. Header and K&N style filter.
All in about 350-375. I did song porting mad polishing in the head. It just pulls up off the corners.

thanks, theres so much different information out there i dont whats true or not. The only other question i have is where should get the parts from. Theres so many different sites that have different kits with some of the same parts in it for all different prices. Is there a popular site or is it all down to preference?

www.smallenginecams.com is what i like, Isky is awesome to deal with when it comes to parts, but its really preference

OMB warehouse has a lot of parts, not always the cheapest or the best quality (a lot of clone take off parts) but they will have what you need.

Where do you live? Finding something close helps with shipping costs and time.

I live in Toronto and there is very little available in Canada for some reason as kart racing is just as big up here in certain regions. Anytime something crosses the border, it automatically costs 50% more.

Back