75% cross?

There is a trend right now in chassis design that facilitates the higher cross. With the way they're shaped, and the steering geometry they're trending higher. I can't say whether most are running that high, but it's definitely towards the high 60's more consistently. But, it's more in the south east, it's not that high in other regions.

The designs are tailored to Roll speed, and cross is a way of facilitating increased roll speed but only with proper chassis design.

There is a trend right now in chassis design that facilitates the higher cross. With the way they're shaped, and the steering geometry they're trending higher. I can't say whether most are running that high, but it's definitely towards the high 60's more consistently. But, it's more in the south east, it's not that high in other regions.

The designs are tailored to Roll speed, and cross is a way of facilitating increased roll speed but only with proper chassis design.
Yeah ive expected like 67% cross. Thats the most i ever expected to get

I dont know anyone running at 75%, but do know of some who been at 71%-72%.
On a track where youd have that much they probably have 1" rear stagger which would make it easier to get higher cross. Idk what else they could do that would make sense other than to have the RF all the way down and the LF all the way up. But i never liked doing that. On a phantom i always had mine about 2 washers from the bottom on the right and 2 washers from the top on the left

Only Flat karts here, and it all depends on what you consider a lot of left... we keep it mostly around what the setup manual says to use at most tracks. Maybe a tad higher.

How do you get it so high though? Are you not running much stagger?
Its honestly very simple with the new Pursuits to get well over 70%. We run normal stagger of 1.25-1.5"

Standard spindles and rarely have to drop the left rear axle cassette 1/16"

Granted this high cross works 95% of the time, it CHEWS up left rear tires. Especially on a high bite/abrasive surface. I sometimes argue with our kart owner about dropping the cross some to make the kart more forgiveable and stable... but I usually don't win that argument ;)

High cross works in the right situation but it is all depending on the surface. A soft low bite track and it won’t work very well.

It's all about the tires if they hook up it will work everywhere, we have a driver in a Rival at 60 +++ left And 70 +++ cross and never touch set up, and win at Friday and Saturday night lower grip , and day race calcium high grip track , as long as I pick the right set of sneakers.

It's all about the tires if they hook up it will work everywhere, we have a driver in a Rival at 60 +++ left And 70 +++ cross and never touch set up, and win at Friday and Saturday night lower grip , and day race calcium high grip track , as long as I pick the right set of sneakers.
Absolute fact! But if you miss on the tire shes a turd and the driver is mad as heck!

Back