87 Octane ethanol free

Brenden

Can someone help with this Question because my boy got DQ in the JR3 class by Troy Johnson for not passing fuel in tech cause I was running 87 Octane Ethanol free bought at the pump at gas station. I bought it because it was supposed to be better on small engine's. We are new in this I have never seen in the rules it just said 87 pump gas nothing about Ethanol free. Just wanted clarification don’t want to be labeled a cheater because that is not what we are about my boy is 12 and that was his 3rd race and he drove good car was hooked up thanks to my set up guy Cause like I said we are new any help on this would be great thanks

Can someone help with this Question because my boy got DQ in the JR3 class by Troy Johnson for not passing fuel in tech cause I was running 87 Octane Ethanol free bought at the pump at gas station. I bought it because it was supposed to be better on small engine's. We are new in this I have never seen in the rules it just said 87 pump gas nothing about Ethanol free. Just wanted clarification don’t want to be labeled a cheater because that is not what we are about my boy is 12 and that was his 3rd race and he drove good car was hooked up thanks to my set up guy Cause like I said we are new any help on this would be great thanks
If spec gas is 87 pump that’s what he’s gonna take his reading from. Non ethanol will read different on the digatron. It was most likely 93 non ethanol you pumped. Just take it as a lesson learned and have your gas checked early in the day in the future.

Most clubs,series or events will specify were the tech sample for the day/event will be obtained from....All of the gas classes for that event will be compared to that sample....There is a lot of difference between Ethanol and Non Ethanol gas......

If he tossed you on fuel, there had to be a specification as to regular or non-ethanol based fuel. If he hasn't done so there needs to be a clarification as to which to use.....regular or non-ethanol.

Once that has taken place there needs to ALWAYS be precautionary measures taken while at the pump. Most pumps utilize just one hose per station/island. If you use a station where there is only one hose at each pump, you need to make sure you run a couple of gallons through the hose BEFORE filling your race jug. Simply pump it into your generator or vehicle. If someone using that pump before you, pumped anything other the fuel you need, it will be in the pump hose. Therefore it will go into your race fuel jug. Thus, altering your fuel readings in tech. Also, keep your fuel at ambient temperature. No air conditioning or ice. It will alter the readings as well. Also, respectfully ask the tech man if he has calibrated his tester throughout the day as temps rise or fall. Any good tech will be doing this, so as to give the racers the best opportunity to pass the fuel check.

Also, never save fuel from the last race. Always empty the race jug and let it air out and start with fresh fuel each race night.

Unfortunately, most all tracks require standard 87 octane pump fuel which will be 5-10% ethanol. Big races, and events will tell you exactly where to get your fuel before the race. Believe it or not, the ethanol free fuel will not make as much power or run as good as the E10, ethanol is an oxygenator that helps the fuel burn so you're hurting yourself.

Unfortunately, most all tracks require standard 87 octane pump fuel which will be 5-10% ethanol. Big races, and events will tell you exactly where to get your fuel before the race. Believe it or not, the ethanol free fuel will not make as much power or run as good as the E10, ethanol is an oxygenator that helps the fuel burn so you're hurting yourself.
Will it read like a -130 range

It all depends on the person setting up the instrument. There are 4 different ways to calibrate the unit to. Most calibrate it to a known gas station near the track. BUT, as I said earlier, non ethanol fuel will read up to and possibly over 100 points.

Also, never save fuel from the last race. Always empty the race jug and let it air out and start with fresh fuel each race night.
For some reason fuel in our kart would go bad in a week, and smell funky.
Gas for the mower never did that. Started draining fuel after every race night
and using it for mower gas. Ran the engine til the carb was empty.
Poured what was left in the gas jug into the truck.
Just FYI for Brenden, ethanol 87 will make a tad more power than non-ethanal
since the ethanol 87 is oxygenated.

Was the test in the jug or kart tank ? If either is new , it will give a bad reading as well . Make sure to rinse both out good with gas before adding what you will be racing with .

Back