8hp 301cc Predator!

I got a feeling the cloned the Briggs 305 this time. But used predator 13hp heads? Who knows. I'm gonna have to end up buying myself one soon.

Hi Guys: let me give you a little insight into the O.P.E. Business;For years in America there were many companies that produced outdoor power equipment,Troy,Toro Ariens,Wheelhorse,IH,Bolens etc. etc. back in the 80s many started having there products built by 3 companies AYP (american yard products) MTD (modern tool and die)and Murrary The biggest survivor is MTD. Do you think John Deere makes lawnmowers,or Husky,or Troybilt Go to you Home Depot Or Sears or Lowes and look at the riding mowers,Close your Eyes black out the color,decals,etc,open your eyes,Gees all the same,...... MTD-- Look under em!! I've been involved in the OPE Bus.for over 40 years Ariens,one of the best wholly owned; Bellied up in the 90's as did Troy-bilt Try to find a good New Horse tiller w/a Kohler on it. Troy is now Mtd. I'm not sure if Snapper is still hanging on but I know you can get them in the box stores now.When I ran my Bus.Snapper said they would never sell out;I sold Troy, Snapper, Scag,Ransomes,country clipper,Echo,Shindawia,&more; Serviced Anything that would fit thru the 10' door......... O.P.E. is like toilet paper everybody needs SOME.......I got out when I watched all these companies Bail....I could have stayed in the business,kept renting the building,But I was getting older slowing down a bit my back was shot from Trucks And Construction Eq. Repair...But Unlike many....... My Father raised me to be Honest and not Greedy and I am not; I AM HONEST AND POOR
any questions welcomed. Dave....... fmr. All Seasons Power Equipment Equipment Co. Milldale Ct.

Last edited:
Look up Loncin and see how many engines they make I could retire if I could buy 14-16 hp vertical engines for under $200.00
You didn't say WHY Harbor Freight WOULD NOT sell this. And what does 14-16 hp and $200 have to do with anything? I'm not trying to be difficult here, but I'm really not following you. This 301 would be more in the neighborhood of 8 hp at around $250. Just another model to add to their line-up. This may be a de-stroked 346. http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/honda-clone-predator-engines/86663-new-predator-8-hp-301cc.html

You didn't say WHY Harbor Freight WOULD NOT sell this. And what does 14-16 hp and $200 have to do with anything? I'm not trying to be difficult here, but I'm really not following you. This 301 would be more in the neighborhood of 8 hp at around $250. Just another model to add to their line-up. This may be a de-stroked 346. http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/honda-clone-predator-engines/86663-new-predator-8-hp-301cc.html
Before, or -the reason for my Rant was; This motor has no use in this country.......It Doesn't have enough Horsepower or Torque; Not powerful enough for a Good ....Leaf blower,Snow-Blower etc. what else uses a Horiz shaft of this size but a Kart or some Homeowner piece of crap, OPE.. Oh and my reason for the 14-16 Hp Vert Engines is I could sell them to Landscapers for their 48" and up walk-behind for little more than they pay my former competition for a 4-600 dollar tune-up That's A Fact.

Anybody bought one yet and torn it apart to find the rod lentgh, crank pin size, compression height of the piston and etc?

just because its made do You really think HF is going to sell it Get Real

It is a Big Block and they are sitting on the shelf at Harbor Freight. Looked at it and it is real when I was in the store a couple of days ago. Might as well get the 420 since they are the same size externally.

Back