9.25” Wheels (why do they exist)

I have a couple sets of 9.5s also have some 10.5” & 11” but I believe they are illegal.
To keep a constant, so to speak, do you have the same cut profile, cure for each width wheel? Burris example; do you have 3 sets of round profile cuts, 3 sets flat cut, 3 sets cured out internal and external, 3 sets just internal, 3 sets old date codes for hard conditions, just to accommodate the different wheel widths and the changes they inflict? Or are you dismounting/mounting at the track or during the week anticipating track conditions? It’s a sincere question. How deep down the rabbit hole do people go with wheel widths?

Sorry, busy weekend of racing. Haven’t ran Burris in 2 years, when we did they were round cuts for our tracks. I used the 9.5”s when the kids were in jrs, never used the others, not even sure where they came from. We’re strictly 10” rights, 6.5” lf and 8.5” lr. Back when we ran Burris it was mainly 11’s for our weekly track and 33’s spec tires for the series. Never did internal with Burris, just did what the track called for at the track. Always had new tires, ran them 3-4 races and sold em.

Yea I was just using Burris as example because it can start to compound, become exponential in combinations. We stick with 10, 8.5 & 6.5 as well, as the majority of karters who buy new. I’m just baffled at how these 9.25 (which we acquired in a buyout) were even sold to someone in the first place. How do these oddball wheel sizes even get into circulation?

Are they really old.. We used them with 7.10 wide tires back in the 80s and 90s.. haven’t seen any used now in years

Back