A GO TO thread for the new or newer dirt oval racers offering Info & Support

Looked around the forums and would like some more info on the differences between EL’s and P&B’s. Which condition would favor one over the other? Is one more friendly on the budget than the other? Any info passed is greatly appreciated!

racing promotor

Looked around the forums and would like some more info on the differences between EL’s and P&B’s. Which condition would favor one over the other? Is one more friendly on the budget than the other? Any info passed is greatly appreciated!
Sorry I have no experience with EL's send Earl at So Co tire treatments a PM he can help you.

flattop1

Dawg 89
EL is a spec tire .
I believe pinks and blue out preform them everytime .
They may be cheaper in the longevity sense if you have a spec class .

gofastx

Hi all,

Thank you all for helping this awesome sport!

We are new to karting. We have two flat karts. One for a Jr. 1 animal class and one in Jr. 2 animal (both on dirt). Both karts are Ultramax Octane. We purchased the Accutoe Pro to align the karts but we can't get the laser to hit the mirror on the right front tire. The laser is outside the extended length of the front spindle adapter with the mirror on it. Is there a longer front spindle or is there adjustment to get the right front out further? Is the problem in the back? I've Googled and searched with no luck. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

flattop1

Dawg 89
So it hits on the left ?
Do you have a lot of axle sticking out past the hub ?
You could slid the axle over .

Hi all,

Thank you all for helping this awesome sport!

We are new to karting. We have two flat karts. One for a Jr. 1 animal class and one in Jr. 2 animal (both on dirt). Both karts are Ultramax Octane. We purchased the Accutoe Pro to align the karts but we can't get the laser to hit the mirror on the right front tire. The laser is outside the extended length of the front spindle adapter with the mirror on it. Is there a longer front spindle or is there adjustment to get the right front out further? Is the problem in the back? I've Googled and searched with no luck. Thanks in advance.
I'm guessing that the rear axle has been replaced at some point and is either not centered, or too long of length for the chassis.
Also make sure that your laser is not bouncing off of your side panels / body. If it hits even slightly, it will reflect/refract and hit wide of the RF. You may have to remove the body and/or nerf bars to get a clear shot with the laser if the side panels are in the way of the laser. If that's the case, the body has likely been mounted incorrectly (offset) as well.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

gofastx

I'm guessing that the rear axle has been replaced at some point and is either not centered, or too long of length for the chassis.
Also make sure that your laser is not bouncing off of your side panels / body. If it hits even slightly, it will reflect/refract and hit wide of the RF. You may have to remove the body and/or nerf bars to get a clear shot with the laser if the side panels are in the way of the laser. If that's the case, the body has likely been mounted incorrectly (offset) as well.
I think you might be right as far as the axle. I followed the laser on the floor up to the front to make sure it wasn't hitting something. I did some measuring and the rear axle is 36" wide. It leaves a little over 2" sticking out past the left and the right hubs. Can I slide it one way to set to the front end and then bring it back without issues or are we better off getting a 32" axle?

flattop1

Dawg 89
Sliding it would be way too much work .
Shortening it would be a possibility . Though would require some expertise ; as you need the snap ring too comply with the safety regulations/rules .

gofastx

We'll order a 32". Sounds inevitable either way. Is there much of a difference between a thin walled and a regular axle other than rotating weight?

flattop1

Dawg 89
We'll order a 32". Sounds inevitable either way. Is there much of a difference between a thin walled and a regular axle other than rotating weight?
There is a difference . You should stick with standard .
Thin wall typically is for asphalt , coke syrup or very high bite situations .

gofastx

Check your PM
I am not seeing any PM's.

Awesome. I ordered the standard. Thanks for the great information. I'll be back for more I'm sure. I've raced on dirt for 5 years now and I've had a rough go at it. I've had some help but have always raced on used up equipment and fought with everything. I don't intend on putting these kids through that. I want them to enjoy it and hopefully create a long lasting passion.