A GO TO thread for the new or newer dirt oval racers offering Info & Support

By all means YES anything that helps, and there Are NO dumb questions, as mentioned above give as much detail as possible.
second year dad here. I see some kids running bubble fairings in a box stock caged kart league we frequent. Any research I have tried to do on these fairings I have come up empty. Are there any benefit to running a steering wheel fairing pros an cons any actual studies or research on them would be helpful.

second year dad here. I see some kids running bubble fairings in a box stock caged kart league we frequent. Any research I have tried to do on these fairings I have come up empty. Are there any benefit to running a steering wheel fairing pros an cons any actual studies or research on them would be helpful.
If there would ever be an advantage it would only come into play while racing on a large oval track, and that advantage would only be because of Aero coming into play.
The biggest reason I would think there used is they look cool.
One con would be blocking the drivers line of sight.

Motor Guy's and guy's with track proven results please post AVG RPM target for each motor Including different plate motors, once we cover them all I will format it in it's own post.

Clutch Guy's same deal please post clutch engagements for every class.

Thanks
I would like to see a cam chart for a stock world formula engine. Put all dyno’s cams in it . Same day same dyno. To look at the power curves. To make a better choice on a purchase. So u can think about making more power and what else is needed when raising that power curve.

Pointing something out that won't cost anyone a penny, we've all heard the answer is usually right in front of your face, and it ends up being true in a lot of cases when it comes to kart racing, over the last 3 season's I've up my game when it comes to tires and choosing which set when, especially this past season 2022, and especially with Burris 33s, Thinking back now since all the awards banquets are in the books and starting to gear up for 2023 season, the biggest reason for the better results has not been because I've learned a lot more about tires, chemical, durometer, spring rate, more inventory, whatever, It's been because of paying a lot more attention to details, and lot's of different details and then applying those details to the application, knowing everything about the inventory of tires at my disposal, age number of heat cycles, thickness, toughness, scuffed, unscuffed, profile of the cut, were the tires ever wiped with chemical, is so what, when, how much, then add in a lot more time in the shop being prepared and having a game plan 2 weeks before each race.
Luck is when preparation and opportunity meet !!

So many people I see starting out and loosing chains. The chain must be aligned properly or you will loose track time. Track time in the beginning is so valuable. They are usually worn out or loose and off to one side or the other. To finish first, first you must finish.
And with no chain guard

A really really cool idea if any engine builder wanted to do it I think someone mentioned something simular is a cam showdown. Keep everything the same carb, head, valve springs etc just swap cams and run it all on the same dyno. I think for a ton of the newbs out there trying to get in on this sport it would help a ton seeing where the cam is going to make the best torque and HP in relation to RPM or simply help a at home engine builder have a way better idea of what they are going to get as a result rather than at the track. I know dyno's are all different but if it was all done on the same one at least that variable is out and can focus on what the cam is doing at what RPM.

That depends how they look after the race, There are certain track conditions the squealers are up front and show very minimal wear.
So are they squealing and your slow showing wear ? Or your not squealing but slow and the ones your chasing are squealing ?
Been told my tires are squealing in the corners, but it's sticking, and yes I am slower, thanks

How do the tires look after the race ?
Are they showing any signs of wearing ?
Do they feel pretty warm to the touch ?
You don't get alot of wear in the predator class, tires always look pretty good, haven't really paid a lot of attention to the heat, but definitely not hot to the touch

Burris 33,predator class ,350lbs, preping with roll speed red ,light wipe in the pits ,then heavy before sitting down on the grid, same as everyone else is doing at our track
I saw the other post that says you're 3 seconds off of the pace. It sounds like you are locked down. Are you running the same set of tires throughout the night? What track are you running at? Are you sliding at the end of the run?

You have to be careful following what other people do. It's likely that you have a softer set of tires. Are lap times better or worse at the end of the race? Your air pressure looked reasonable. I'd try going out on a light wipe at the grid and see what lap times look like.

Back