A GO TO thread for the new or newer dirt oval racers offering Info & Support

you might try turning your resolution down then take a picture.
its possible to make them smaller but no way I can explain it let alone do it again without experimentaion

How about some tips and thoughts about hot laps?
My thought's it can be used during the week to help condition and keep some bite in the tire, It can be used as a hard track prep where you just need little more bite or help to fire the tire off, Or you can cap off with it layering it over a more aggressive prep, and you can mix it with other prep to cut it some.

My thought's it can be used during the week to help condition and keep some bite in the tire, It can be used as a hard track prep where you just need little more bite or help to fire the tire off, Or you can cap off with it layering it over a more aggressive prep, and you can mix it with other prep to cut it some.
Not what I meant, for new people, especially with young drivers what are some tips for hot lap sessions? Obviously you don't need to set the kart up for hot laps, but what do you want to take away from a hot lap session? What are the things you should do for it?

Not what I meant, for new people, especially with young drivers what are some tips for hot lap sessions? Obviously you don't need to set the kart up for hot laps, but what do you want to take away from a hot lap session? What are the things you should do for it?
Sorry misread your post, run your softer tires less air no pressure split same all 4 tires.

Here are a few pics

Attachments

• 15583770907514019519747318016218.jpg
    15583770907514019519747318016218.jpg
    374.7 KB · Views: 68
  • 1558377145471561119991030088011.jpg
    1558377145471561119991030088011.jpg
    431.5 KB · Views: 70
I have a persistent problem that I have been able to improve, but not completely remedy. I push (now slightly) off the corners and sometimes bog down. The outside inch or so of my right side tires is still clean when I get off the track. Here are the details:

Track is 1/5 mile medium bite.
Kart is a '17 recon.
66 cross
46 nose
60 left
1 3/8" stagger
RF 0 degree toe, LF 1/8 toe out
Caster, set to 7/10 as comes from factor
Camber, 2.75 degrees on RF, 0.25 on LF.

Burris 33's. I've tried several different sets of tires, some brand new, some as old as 2016.
I've tried playing with air pressure. Not sure what to do chassis-wise. I generally run a one pound split between the left and right side, I have added a half pound to the LF a few times with minimal effect.

Last edited:
I have a persistent problem that I have been able to improve, but not completely remedy. I push (now slightly) off the corners and sometimes bog down. The outside inch or so of my right side tires is still clean when I get off the track. Here are the details:

Track is 1/5 mile medium bite.
Kart is a '17 recon.
66 cross
46 nose
60 left
1 3/8" stagger
RF 0 degree toe, LF 1/8 toe out
Caster, set to 7/10 as comes from factor
Camber, 2.75 degrees on RF, 0.25 on LF.

Burris 33's. I've tried several different sets of tires, some brand new, some as old as 2016.
I've tried playing with air pressure. Not sure what to do chassis-wise.
If the push is slight earlier in the run then bogs down later in the run most likely tires, If it's slight and when it bogs down is only certain laps most likely you ran a different line or more wheel input in that case decrease cross 1 washer see what it does, if it helps but still very slight move a 2nd washer to decrease cross. Try this on same tires that push was just slight once the chassis is right then it's down to keeping the right tires under it.

If the push is slight earlier in the run then bogs down later in the run most likely tires, If it's slight and when it bogs down is only certain laps most likely you ran a different line or more wheel input in that case decrease cross 1 washer see what it does, if it helps but still very slight move a 2nd washer to decrease cross. Try this on same tires that push was just slight once the chassis is right then it's down to keeping the right tires under it.
It does seem to get worse later in the run. What changes should I make to the tires? My left front has been getting fuzzed up very badly.

It does seem to get worse later in the run. What changes should I make to the tires? My left front has been getting fuzzed up very badly.
If there fuzzed there sliding on top so to hard or not enough bite in them to grip enough, or tires close just to high on air, If it's peeled there to soft to much bite gripping to much.

Fuzzed is what I call a "grainy" look.
Peeling looks like dead skin peeling off after a bad sunburn.

It sounds like you are too soft on tires, and or bite for late in the run. The tires (33s) should grain up a little if they are working right. They need to be building some heat in them.
You might also try a bit more rear stagger, going down on cross, moving the left rear hub out 1/2 inch, and laying the RF down for less camber.
Make small changes and only 1 at a time if you are close.

If you have specific questions about our Burris 33 program or prep line, please feel free to call the shop at the number listed below.

-----
?Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

We are all required to run Burris 33s.
Quit putting any prep on them that softens ie.. no wd40, simple green etc some of the common things people use to clean soften the tire
Just because a tire is older doesnt mean its different than newer ones, you need to buy a durometer to check the tires

Quit putting any prep on them that softens ie.. no wd40, simple green etc some of the common things people use to clean soften the tire
Just because a tire is older doesnt mean its different than newer ones, you need to buy a durometer to check the tires
Got one and used it this weekend!

Got one and used it this weekend!
softer at the beginning of the night, harder as the night goes on as long as lap times are getting quicker.
for your conditions on Burris the softest should only be low 50's and hardest of as close to 60 as you can get.
if all your burris are softer, you need to re stock your inventory

Back