A GO TO thread for the new or newer dirt oval racers offering Info & Support

Can you expand on what VCG actually is?
The center of gravity in the vertical plane .
Or distance above the ground in the vertical direction of the center of gravity .
I would venture too say roughly the center of the left hip/leg connection
Roughly 12-14 inches above the ground with the driver seated in the kart .

Just read this article (part 1 and 2) and I think it helped my understanding of a few things (hopefully the information was correct but it seems logical). I hadn't really thought about the solid rear axle in this context.

^^^ That's correct Open is often 14.5 cubic inches .
Rwyb run what ya bring without specific rules , if you bring it you race it .
UAS has some limits they use a cc rule with pounds added for different type engines and displacement . Twin 100cc Reed's vs a 450 motorcycle engine or 390 and up industrial engine

Last edited:
Bent at tails of tubing where bumper attaches, bent where L blocks bolt on, washers bottomed out on both sides to get cross, unfactory welds & cracked powder coating.
Funny you should mention washers maxed out to get cross. I have a Seraph and to get my cross anywhere near what I’ve seen recommended I have mine maxed out and still less than 60% cross. How would I go about figuring out what/where it’s bent?

Funny you should mention washers maxed out to get cross. I have a Seraph and to get my cross anywhere near what I’ve seen recommended I have mine maxed out and still less than 60% cross. How would I go about figuring out what/where it’s bent?
Have you ruled out the spindles ? Either the RF is pushed up, or the LF is pushed down most likely.

maxed out how, how are the pills in the rear, and how much front stagger?

maxed out how, how are the pills in the rear, and how much front stagger?
We never got the high cross either .
The pills need checked .
As far as bent it's tough . Lay a straight edge on the rear frame rails .
Longitudinal not cross wise .
A good eye ball or they used too say strip it and set it on a pool table .

Is the Predator class a smart place to start for a beginner? I'm just looking for some fun competition; this can't materialize into much more than just a good time for me because of my work schedule and other commitments but I don't want to show up and only have a handful of people to race with.

Is the Predator class a smart place to start for a beginner? I'm just looking for some fun competition; this can't materialize into much more than just a good time for me because of my work schedule and other commitments but I don't want to show up and only have a handful of people to race with.
In my area the predator class has just as many as clone, but yes it’s a good place to start to get a feel for the kart.

Check and see if the LR pill was changed.
If the car was from the midwest, there's a high chance that the LR was moved 1/8" (typically for our low bite low cross stuff that many run.)

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
31 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Predator is a great place to start. It will let you get used to feeling the kart and maintaining corner speed as that is the only way to be fast.

Just getting back into karting after a 25 year hiatus. I was 12-15 at the time and ran 5HP briggs JR2 plate. My dad (deceased) took care of everything, all I did was try to run the tires off and some very minor maintenance. No tire prep, no adjustments other then gears to a smaller track. I'm literally walking in not knowing anything some of you are talking about.

Bought a 2013 PRC Triton Elite with a predator 212cc. Guy had a set of slicks and hoosiers. Decided to run hoosiers for no other reason then I know nothing about tire prep and I would be able to save money not having to buy a ton of tires.

Wanted to say thanks for this thread as I will be reading and trying to make sense of everything I am seeing.

First night out: 4 wheel drifted into a wall due to me being way to aggressive on a very slick track. Broke 6 ribs from the impact. Healed and went back out this past Saturday to finish 2nd at a different track that was indoors.

Back