A GO TO thread for the new or newer dirt oval racers offering Info & Support

Not are durometer readings are apples to apples. Are you seeing signs that your tires are too soft?
RP had good advise for you about cycling the tires as much as you can by running them or storing them in a place that gets hot.
Are the guys with the harder tires winning and are they running thick or thin rubber?
You might be surprised with the hardness on the aggressively prepped tires if they have sat for awhile. While these may duro the same hardness as a light or no prep tire they will lack grip.
Yes you will get a chemical slide, even IF they duro more !!

Not are durometer readings are apples to apples. Are you seeing signs that your tires are too soft?
RP had good advise for you about cycling the tires as much as you can by running them or storing them in a place that gets hot.
Are the guys with the harder tires winning and are they running thick or thin rubber?
You might be surprised with the hardness on the aggressively prepped tires if they have sat for awhile. While these may duro the same hardness as a light or no prep tire they will lack grip.
I have been seeing the surface of the tire roll up and my times drop significantly through the run. I haven’t had a chemical slide recently, but I have done it before. Not fun!

What is a chemical slide?
Mostly happens with Burris 33s , when you try to run a prepped tire when the track is making enough grip for a non prepped tire, the more aggressive the prep in the tire the worse the slide will be.
IF a track makes enough grip at any point through out the night, a never prepped tire on the outside will be the fastest. The million $$$$ question when this happens is which never prepped 33 at what duro.

Tires remain a mystery to us as well. LOL. We run fairly well most nights and struggle other nights. I too did not like to interfere with fellow racers during the event. The strategy I implored was to talk with fellow racers after the race night or throughout the week about what worked the previous week. The knowledge we received from these conversations were a game changer for our program. We now have a small network that we can share info with at the track as well. It seems to be easier to find someone that competes in a different class.

As for tires with cords, that typically doesn't bother me if it's just one spot and the wear dots still show life. I refer to it as a "high cord" and it typically happens on the LR first.
BR - Your very last statement is exactly what I have. LR has the "high cord".
Thanks.

Sounds like tires tick to soft, Increase air by 1 lb in all 4 tires for feature see if it takes longer to start hoping than now, if so that's the problem.
IF it stays the same increase split only add 1 lb to the rights and see if it takes longer to start hoping, If so it's set up.
Ok i will try Friday night, i had originally thought the rightsides were gaining pressure during features but i checked immediately after and there was no pressure change. But i will definitely try, at this point ill try anout anything. Ty

So as far as clutch maintenance.. sorry if this has been posted I Havnt made it all the way through this thread yet. I saw a target rpm engagement range for different engines. What about spring color and spring height starting points? Thanks!

So as far as clutch maintenance.. sorry if this has been posted I Havnt made it all the way through this thread yet. I saw a target rpm engagement range for different engines. What about spring color and spring height starting points? Thanks!
This is basically for all disk clutches, each one may take a little tweak, but this will get you close
If yours is a 2 disc 4 spring look for that clutch on site and will will give info for it
https://www.buller.net/Category/bully_adult26

Back