A new Ghost thread tell how you love it or hate it.

Yea
I don't need one . But wouldn't hesitate to buy one should the need arise.
5 for the price of one . Hard to argue that .

I love that people hate them so much that I just went and bought two more. I'll do all my own data collecting and buy enough engines to start a class at the local dirt tracks. 🤣🤣

Attachments

• 16536857389591887141359756994705.jpg
    16536857389591887141359756994705.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 26
Last edited by a moderator:
If the tolerances are great like the lo206 then it may be worthwhile. Otherwise we just added more classes to typical Saturday night schedule which we dont need.
It's too bad Harbor Freight doesn't just sell the rev limiter coil. Hard to get the governor set consistent on the otb predator. The rev limiter coil would help with that and make throttle linkage cleaner.
As others have stated, best way to eliminate the predator cheating would be have drivers draw for motor at sign in. Of course then track has expense of buying motors unless everyone brings a motor for the motor pill draw.

If the tolerances are great like the lo206 then it may be worthwhile. Otherwise we just added more classes to typical Saturday night schedule which we dont need.
It's too bad Harbor Freight doesn't just sell the rev limiter coil. Hard to get the governor set consistent on the otb predator. The rev limiter coil would help with that and make throttle linkage cleaner.
As others have stated, best way to eliminate the predator cheating would be have drivers draw for motor at sign in. Of course then track has expense of buying motors unless everyone brings a motor for the motor pill draw.
As suggestions come up that would make this a viable out of the box platform, we will be able to follow most of these suggestions with: "Just like Briggs already did with the LO206".
My suggestion in the other thread was to have a single head casting....: "Just like Briggs already did with the LO206".

The biggest question and I know Bryan has brought this up a few times. But, is Harbor Freight ACTUALLY paying to control the specs, and paying the extra to have the engines remain within those specs? Because everyone can talk about China and their poor Quality control all they want. But, what it comes down to is Cheap people that have China manufacture things and don't pay to have the specs quality controlled.

China is VERY capable of maintaining specs if they're paid to maintain them. But, that is where the issues arise. Once the molds and fixtures for items are worn the tolerances start to falter and no one checks the molds because they're not paid to. Because the bottom line is it's cheaper, and Quality control is skipped because no one is paying the extra they'd have to pay here in the states to control the quality. Then the molds and fixtures aren't changed out as often as they should to save money. THAT is the bottom line, if they don't. IT will be the new Predator and that's it. Another thing is comparing it to the clone, is it still 196cc, I don't race clones anymore and I don't know what the newest rules state. If it's 196cc, and a 212 is making as much HP, it makes sense to compare it more to the 206. Everyone moaning about comparing it to the other engines I don't see the point. They won't be racing against them, so just a broad generalization of running them on the same Dyno just for a relative idea means little if anything to anyone besides engines builders. So why the hell does it even matter?

That is besides all the facts that racers are racers and they WILL alter everything about the engine to get more out of it and push it's limits and it will be $1500 in the same amount of time. So will they keep one casting for the entire engine, I VERY highly doubt it.

I honestly can't understand why people just won't embrace the 206. It's everything they say they want, but just as Brian Carlson has said multiple times.... It's what they say they want, but don't actually want.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess you get what you pay for. I blew my stuff up last weekend hah hah. It's all relevant but my 2strokes don't have as many parts to replace later Chuck.

Ha ha ha . Blown up . Stuck or scattered , the results the same .
As much as you deny .
There all expendable . When your racing .

The predator was permitted to come across the water if, and I say if there would be a parts supply warehouse for the engine. There was a guy that was getting the parts warehouse in order but the bottom fell out and it never transpired. SO, will there be spare parts for this engine? I’n another thread/post it was mentioned the 206. That engine is having problems with production and parts availability. Word has it another engine is being tested in comparison to the 206 so they are as equal as possible by a company that has been involved in racing for many years and has given back to the sport. If that transpires I would be first in line to support an engine from a company that has been racing and knows how and has the ability to produce an engine that can be specked out for legality

The predator was permitted to come across the water if, and I say if there would be a parts supply warehouse for the engine. There was a guy that was getting the parts warehouse in order but the bottom fell out and it never transpired. SO, will there be spare parts for this engine? I’n another thread/post it was mentioned the 206. That engine is having problems with production and parts availability. Word has it another engine is being tested in comparison to the 206 so they are as equal as possible by a company that has been involved in racing for many years and has given back to the sport. If that transpires I would be first in line to support an engine from a company that has been racing and knows how and has the ability to produce an engine that can be specked out for legality
You might be surprised who has this engine in testing right now. 🤫🤫🤫

Then again it might already be this engine. 🤔🤫🤔

the motor is made by Ducar with I believe is the better manufacturer there. the $300 price tag to me is s good indication it ain't a $99 predator. china makes everything. they could build a Rolls Royce and it be as good if they were paid to do so. where do you think the designer Macs are made?
You quoted my post and told me the same thing I said in my post about their abilities, not sure what you were going for there.

$300 price tag doesn't ensure that QC will be a high priority. Yes it might get them QC for an initial run, but does it ensure molds and fixtures that cost thousands will be replaced when needed. Perhaps, perhaps not. Yes the molds cost thousands and it could easily be offset EVEN WITH THE $99 price tag. They just CHOOSE not to do it because their bottom line isn't riding on QC. Until it is, the price increase is just an increase in profits for them. The sooner you learn that, the sooner you'll get the big picture. They know the "Racing" moniker means people will pay more for it regardless if it meets our actual needs. Our "need" isn't just another engine with whatever fell off their assembly line that day in it. It's a QC engine like the 206. There is a reason that engine cost double what this engine cost.

Last edited:
Back