A piece of history

While all the history may be gone for now, the karting members with all the knowledge are not and the info is still available just by asking. I did many searches and reads via google which lead me to older Bob's post (which now seem to not be working) so I guess my post count will be higher than ever now lol

Nobody likes change, but this is a forced fresh start for all of us, and Bob can now make any changes he was avoiding for various reasons going forward. I am looking forward to watching it evolve

Here's one I saved to email from a loving man so helpful on and off the track, and most importantly....Spirtually....

Rhett Majors...............
The article I wrote was entitled "SteerRoids" and without looking at the article I would have to say passing depends alot on the scenario. There have been times on a wet slick bullring we passed on the outside in the cush like sprint cars. It takes a little courage but hey.....either go to the front or go the hospital!

In some scenarios on wide tracks or high bank track "diamond cutting" the corners is much faster too. If you watched the truck race on dirt a few guys were using this move.

But I'm going to guess you are probably on a one groove track and you don't have the option of moving around too much. If you are at the beginning of the race and you are running second stay directly behind him and be paitient (which means wait in a hurry) for two reasons. #1 If he's not that experienced he may get rattled easy and mess himself up without doing anything, or #2 you also have to drive behind you and know third place is thinking the same about you. If you really know how to "trail brake" get on his back bumper going into the corner and push him down into the corner BUT NOT down into the apex! Trail brake minutely just to pivot your kart to the bottom. If you don't you chance "wheelhopping" him and messing yourself up. The only thing you are looking for is a smidgen of a bobble in his kart to push him slightly up the groove and you head for the bottom of the apex to get the nose of your kart by him. You do NOT have to run over him and if it's done properly it should look like he over shot the corner. This is not dirty and if someone is faster than me I invite this kind of passing instead of the alternative.

Another alternative is to get as high on the groove going into the turn as possible and we are talking tiny increments here because you don't want to slip off the groove, then soften your corner speed slightly and drive it in the corner like your driving a pickup truck with something in the back you don't want to flip over (in other words be smooth on the wheel) pivot your kart sooner than his (early apex) and use the bank going downhill to make up time.

Last but not least: Most drivers do not know how far they can drift up to the wall or go down into the apex without hitting the barriers, but I can tell you that you can steer a Kart alot closer to something than it appears without hitting it. So, if they have tires marking off the apex you should have black marks on your side panels if necessary! but please use your head! Lol! Don't have your heart full of racing with an empty head! And have fun! :p

I'm washed up now and been retired for too long, but maybe the principals are the same.

This is archived on Randy Majors website as well.

Most of the great info will return. Unfortunately some will not because we have lost the great ones who wrote it to begin with. That's the sad part.

yea so do i..i spent sooooo many late nights on here...hours and hours

Yeh me too. I'm sure lots of us spent hundreds of hours on here. By the look of there are a few people including myself who saved some of the threads.

Now, I got the EC "how too" thread.

WHO has the TrackTac post 2052 or whatever it was that was such a great bunch of info on how to use TrackTac. Dated back a long way.

Also this part is very important:

To those people who have saved links in there favourites tab you can cut and paste the web address at it appears in the address bar to google and then if you see the green writing below in tthe results to the search you then can click on the little green arrow at the end that will give you the option to view the cached file that is being stored on the google server. Some work, some dont.

Please cut and paste the text from the page if you get it see the cached file and save it to a word file or even as an email to yourself. That way everyone can help to put Bobs back as best they can.

Just on that topic about what I have suggested, I wonder if there is any way to get these cached links from the server or bob evans somehow.

The activity on Bobs 4cycle is what caused the NSAs Server Crash and backup corruption, if you don't believe me just call them. :)

Lets build it back

well, a good note is when my wife sees me on the computer she don't sigh and walk away now. Lets keep the background white for a little bit till she catches on. I tried pulling up a lot of stuff I had saved, unfortunately it was off the site itself and wouldn't let me. I guess for now on I will copy and paste. I use to have the long post on the cam theory favorite so I could pull it up when I was building motors. Well going to go build a motor off of memory. Thanks Bobs 4 cycle it will be back to its great form soon...

The activity on Bobs 4cycle is what caused the NSAs Server Crash and backup corruption, if you don't believe me just call them. :)

Remember the guy in the handling/ prep forum on the goat pee thread just a short time ago? Said he worked for the govn't and was demanding msds sheets from someone? Threatening there would be consequences for non compliance and what not...You mean activity like that or something else like just the volume of activity? Your comment just reminded me of that thread thats all.

Remember the guy in the handling/ prep forum on the goat pee thread just a short time ago? Said he worked for the govn't and was demanding msds sheets from someone? Threatening there would be consequences for non compliance and what not...You mean activity like that or something else like just the volume of activity? Your comment just reminded me of that thread thats all.

Haha that's funny I remember that post

That guy was a joke...

Back