A piece of history

rainman

An important piece of karting history is gone. I personally considered it the best documented piece of karting history in the World. Hope we can find a way to get it back at any cost. Maybe we could all try to help find the person who can help if there is any chance at all. Meantime I would ask you to consider another important aspect: all info from members seems to be gone too, so no feedback at all. Bewaree, seems a good chance for the few who take advantage of these situations. Be safe when buying. Let´s make this back to what irt was. Karting is not the same without Bob´s. Thanks a lot for all you do. This is a great occasion torealize how much we had before this happened and be grateful. A great chance to push more people to become members and contribute with a fee.

Yup had a lot of info I was learning from wish it was all still here had a few posts bookmarked to do over the winter :(

An important piece of karting history is gone. I personally considered it the best documented piece of karting history in the World. Hope we can find a way to get it back at any cost. Maybe we could all try to help find the person who can help if there is any chance at all. Meantime I would ask you to consider another important aspect: all info from members seems to be gone too, so no feedback at all. Bewaree, seems a good chance for the few who take advantage of these situations. Be safe when buying. Let´s make this back to what irt was. Karting is not the same without Bob´s. Thanks a lot for all you do. This is a great occasion torealize how much we had before this happened and be grateful. A great chance to push more people to become members and contribute with a fee.

Yes to all of what you said. period.

I long ago quit saving stuff I wrote. Not only because it was useless info and mostly wrong, but I relied on it being on bob's if I needed it. There's also a lot of "good stuff" I've copied and saved over the years from here.

Assuming things of the past are gone, this may be a good thread for us to post things we all saved as our "good stuff" back on here to help others.

Maybe there's a sort of automatic archive url or two out on the web, we can go to for past posts?

Maybe it's time our government helps us out by reconstructing things for us, from it's vast data bases. oooops... guess I might get this thread moved for being tooooo political? ... :) nawwww... let's just see the 'Good Humor' in this and the whole melt down situation. ... :)

edit: Just incase someone doesn't see the dry humor in my post. Ice Cream is sweet and good food, but can melt. "Good Humor" was or maybe still is an ice cream bar. Maybe I should go soak my dry sense of humor.

Last edited:
Yes to all of what you said. period.

I long ago quit saving stuff I wrote. Not only because it was useless info and mostly wrong, but I relied on it being on bob's if I needed it. There's also a lot of "good stuff" I've copied and saved over the years from here.

Assuming things of the past are gone, this may be a good thread for us to post things we all saved as our "good stuff" back on here to help others.

Maybe there's a sort of automatic archive url or two out on the web, we can go to for past posts?

Maybe it's time our government helps us out by reconstructing things for us, from it's vast data bases. oooops... guess I might get this thread moved for being tooooo political? ... :) nawwww... let's just see the 'Good Humor' in this and the whole melt down situation. ... :)

Well at least somebody was keeping an archive...... :)

I also have benefited from the many years and knowledge from this site. I have printed several of the conversions and discussions of some of the best there is and from who where in the past "rest in peace". I will try and start rounding some of them up and re-posting some of them. (Several tech articles over the years.)

I wrote down several phenom set ups to study over the winter while I was bored last Friday night. Some of us have a long off season ahead of us. I can't wait to see all the knowledge, insight and good information build itself up again.

we have lost a lot of info... I know ive been coming here since I started in karting... ive lost a lot of engine set ups ive used... I never kept track but I shared jets and so on many times!!!

I have a nagging hunch that Bob will somehow find a way to recover much of what was here pre 10.19.13 ( the day the karting world stopped for a bit )
I feel it in my heart that much of the good info will be recovered and restored for all to feast upon to quench the hunger of knowledge.

So much good info gone!!! Well I did get a lot more done at work on Monday. it was crazy I kept checking to see if it was back up and then do some more work and check again.

Here's one I saved to email from a loving man so helpful on and off the track, and most importantly....Spirtually....

Rhett Majors...............
The article I wrote was entitled "SteerRoids" and without looking at the article I would have to say passing depends alot on the scenario. There have been times on a wet slick bullring we passed on the outside in the cush like sprint cars. It takes a little courage but hey.....either go to the front or go the hospital!

In some scenarios on wide tracks or high bank track "diamond cutting" the corners is much faster too. If you watched the truck race on dirt a few guys were using this move.

But I'm going to guess you are probably on a one groove track and you don't have the option of moving around too much. If you are at the beginning of the race and you are running second stay directly behind him and be paitient (which means wait in a hurry) for two reasons. #1 If he's not that experienced he may get rattled easy and mess himself up without doing anything, or #2 you also have to drive behind you and know third place is thinking the same about you. If you really know how to "trail brake" get on his back bumper going into the corner and push him down into the corner BUT NOT down into the apex! Trail brake minutely just to pivot your kart to the bottom. If you don't you chance "wheelhopping" him and messing yourself up. The only thing you are looking for is a smidgen of a bobble in his kart to push him slightly up the groove and you head for the bottom of the apex to get the nose of your kart by him. You do NOT have to run over him and if it's done properly it should look like he over shot the corner. This is not dirty and if someone is faster than me I invite this kind of passing instead of the alternative.

Another alternative is to get as high on the groove going into the turn as possible and we are talking tiny increments here because you don't want to slip off the groove, then soften your corner speed slightly and drive it in the corner like your driving a pickup truck with something in the back you don't want to flip over (in other words be smooth on the wheel) pivot your kart sooner than his (early apex) and use the bank going downhill to make up time.

Last but not least: Most drivers do not know how far they can drift up to the wall or go down into the apex without hitting the barriers, but I can tell you that you can steer a Kart alot closer to something than it appears without hitting it. So, if they have tires marking off the apex you should have black marks on your side panels if necessary! but please use your head! Lol! Don't have your heart full of racing with an empty head! And have fun! :p

I'm washed up now and been retired for too long, but maybe the principals are the same.

Last edited:
Rhett................Iv'e said this before....................you are so NOTTTTTTTTTTTTTT, washed up.................................with so few tracks offering prayer before a race.........maybe it's time you come back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back