A Request for Prayer

A few moments ago Bear Creek Raceway lost a very dear friend. Lawrence Doss, affectionately known as Grandpa Doss to all of us who cherished his friendship and loved him.

He was the grandfather of one of our 600 Sprint drivers and had a wealth of racing knowledge which he was delighted to share with anyone who needed help with their motors or setup. He was a very small man in stature but had a great big heart. You rarely ever saw Grandpa without a cup of coffee in his hand and we always made sure there was a pot full ready for him when he arrived.

I praise God for allowing Jack and I to visit with him after church services today and for having an opportunity to tell him once more how much he meant to us and what a joy he was to be around. Though he was not conscious, I know he knew we were there. I simply ask that members of the greater racing family lift Grandpa’s family up in prayer.

His son and daughter had already lost their mother and I know they will appreciate your prayers as will Jack and I. The good news is we will see him again in Heaven someday.

I know you are having a wonderful reunion with your wife and other members of your family Grandpa. Rest in peace dear friend, you are greatly missed already. Be blessed, be a blessing, Rene

Prays go out from Moree's Paradise Raceway to the Doss family. Whether it be a driver, mechanic, crew chief, spectator, family member or friend, it is always tough to loose a member of our racing community. May the family be lifted up through these trying times.

Back