A40 tire pressures for box stock predator champ

Provided you feel the tire is gripping the track enough you should be able to run around 14 lb of air, However with NO prep I doubt that is happening so you'll need to be less, to make speed you'll want to run as much as grip level allows.
What pressures are you running now ? and how well is it gripping ? Is the NO prep a rule as well ?

Provided you feel the tire is gripping the track enough you should be able to run around 14 lb of air, However with NO prep I doubt that is happening so you'll need to be less, to make speed you'll want to run as much as grip level allows.
What pressures are you running now ? and how well is it gripping ? Is the NO prep a rule as well ?
Man all i see someone doing on A-40's on dirt with no prep and 14lbs of air is small circles. I bet he will be down in the 4lbs area to get any traction.

Man all i see someone doing on A-40's on dirt with no prep and 14lbs of air is small circles. I bet he will be down in the 4lbs area to get any traction.
I would agree Apparently you didn't read my entire post, if that were here on Burris where I know I'm on the right tire I'd be higher than 14 lb with a champ kart, I've had the flat kart that high.

I would agree Apparently you didn't read my entire post, if that were here on Burris where I know I'm on the right tire I'd be higher than 14 lb with a champ kart, I've had the flat kart that high.
You are correct i saw 14 and was befuddled. Seems anytime we got over 8 we didn't have much luck we dont have the prep groove or locked down tracks around here. But i did miss the champ part. I have 0 champ experience.

You are correct i saw 14 and was befuddled. Seems anytime we got over 8 we didn't have much luck we dont have the prep groove or locked down tracks around here. But i did miss the champ part. I have 0 champ experience.
It's simple IF you can't go over 8 lb ever with predator engine either the track just makes no grip, or your prep is just not matching up to the conditions, I have very little champ experience either but I do know air pressure you champs require a good bit more than flat karts, around here were not able to use higher air because of prep grooves in fact just the opposite, tracks grip up well and a non prepped 33 hooks up real good.

7 left 8 right
no prep

Back