About to pull out my last few hairs

dbrum2010

Alright guys I have a stock appearing predator 212 and I just had to replace the side cover gasket and headgasket. Easy happy quick job but now I am being plagued by a problem I had before in a bad pulse coming off the side cover. The engine fires,idles , and runs fine but as soon as I start to give it gas I see the pulse line filling with gas and oil and it starts sputtering. Should I try to move the pulse line elsewhere or what can I try next? Ps also replaced the piston and put new oil rings on about a month ago after having a much worse blow by than I’ve got now.

If the pulse is any where near the cam gear its problay throwing oil up there .
A baffle between cam gear and pulse hole or even an old catch can , run the pulse hose in the bottom then pulse fuel pump off the top on the side .

You say the line is filling with gas and oil, if there is any gas in the pulse line it is a bad pump.
Yeah it’s got fuel going all the way down to the pulse fitting and it doesn’t want to pull fuel to the carb at all when you first try and turn it over. I had to fill the line then attach it to the pump and it made enough pressure to start pulling through the pump but the filter or whatever it is in the middle is bubbling up and spitting gas all over.

Back