Acrysol 101

Ryan B

I currently run Venum Juice and I'm considering adding Acrysol to my tire program. I've found several entries on this forum about Acrysol however, exactly what does it do and what's the benefit of using it? How is best used (cutting prep)? What condition of tire is it best used on (new, few races)? What condition of track is it best used on?

Thank you.

Ryan

Acrysol, if used alone, pulls the oils of the tire to the surface as it evaporates. Acrysol, when used with a prep, drives the prep deeper into the tire as it evaporates.
Some preps can be cut with acrysol to help with evaporation, but you will also get some softening along with it.
Since you are on the Venom Juice line up, instead of acrysol i would recommend the Kwik Dry from Track Tac, good product, and TT actually owns VJ.

Thank you. I need to pick up some Kwik Dry. When is it best applied and do track conditions factor in with application?

Acrysol, if used alone, pulls the oils of the tire to the surface as it evaporates. Acrysol, when used with a prep, drives the prep deeper into the tire as it evaporates.
Some preps can be cut with acrysol to help with evaporation, but you will also get some softening along with it.
Since you are on the Venom Juice line up, instead of acrysol i would recommend the Kwik Dry from Track Tac, good product, and TT actually owns VJ.

So Acrysol will dry your tires if wiped alone?

Thank you. I need to pick up some Kwik Dry. When is it best applied and do track conditions factor in with application?
Kwik Dry, simple answer is depending on the prep you are using and what youre wanting from the tires.
Some preps you will cut, lots you dont.
Theres also lots of different choices when cutting prep.
If using acrysol, Kwik Dry is just an alternative within what id call the same "family" so to speak.

Ill be honest I havent used Acrysol in probably 10 years or more. With the new Venom Products you shouldnt have to cut anything. The hard goes in good up to about 4 coats at a time. If you have to wipe more than that at the track you can use heat or mix with Acrysol to get it to go in quicker.

Back