Acrysol with internal prep?

AndyG

I just started rolling tires so I have no clue what I'm doing. The roller is in my cold shed and with it being cold the tires seem hard a more reluctant to take the prep. I've been told that Acrysol can help open the tire so it takes prep better. Is it okay to mix some with my internal prep or is this only good for use on the outside of the tire?

Cardboard box, couple of empty buckets and a tarp, or plastic, all will work for a tent.

Blowing heat into a metal tube with some vents cut in one side allows better heat distribution.

I just started rolling tires so I have no clue what I'm doing. The roller is in my cold shed and with it being cold the tires seem hard a more reluctant to take the prep. I've been told that Acrysol can help open the tire so it takes prep better. Is it okay to mix some with my internal prep or is this only good for use on the outside of the tire?
Acrysol will change the characteristics of the internal prep, whether that be weakening it a bit or even harshening it a bit, depending on the internal, it will change the results from what you been doing normal wise.
If youre worried about the cold, and not wanting to change how your internal works, just roll it longer.

Don't cut your internal with acrysol. I can't even think of a reason for doing that. If you want to reduce it's effectiveness, simply use less internal.
If it's still wet after rolling 24 hours due to cold temperatures, consider moving your tire roller to a warmer room or as others have noted, build a hot box for your roller.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
34 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com