Adhesive for rubber nose bump guard

GAKARTER

So what is the best adhesive or glue product to use when bonding the black rubber (cove base) bump guard material to the nose of a kart body. 3M Hi-Strength 90 spray adhesive doesn't seem to do the job for me. Really struggling to keep the cove base rubber adhering to the nose, especially at the top edge. I do heat the rubber cove base up before sticking it to the nose...makes it easier to form to the nose contours.

Buy the cove base that comes with the glue on it. It works very good. I did put 2 pop rivets on each end just for assurance.

remember all rubber products have release agent on them from the mold. You have to clean them with something like acetone before you apply an adhesive or the glue won't stick.

I used the stuff from Home Depot with the adhesive on it, used a heat gun to apply it and no rivets or bolts and have had no problem with it staying on at all . I have tested it a lot........ lol

I am a flooring installer(mostly carpet), but there are times I work with cove base on vct,vinyl,etc jobs.. On outside corners (of a wall) we use contact cement.. Have never tried it on karts but have used on jobs of mine... Can buy buy the pint I believe at HD or Lowes.....

Try 3M - VHB double face tape. I get it from Uline, make sure you get the right one, they have different whith and thickness,. I use this to bond Big sheets Mirror to wood or metal, clean the moulding and body with laquer tinner first............
Don't get the foam one.....
If you were close to me I would have sure give some to try....

Windshield urethane. 2 larger head rivets on either side and 2 just to either side of center. For a total of eight. Heat it with heat gun and keep it pulled tight. Then, run a strip of black electrical tape along the top edge, half the width on the molding and half the width on the body. Be sure to fill in the gap at the bottom with urethane or silicone. Otherwise dirt will pack in there and pull it off.

Windshield urethane. 2 larger head rivets on either side and 2 just to either side of center. For a total of eight. Heat it with heat gun and keep it pulled tight. Then, run a strip of black electrical tape along the top edge, half the width on the molding and half the width on the body. Be sure to fill in the gap at the bottom with urethane or silicone. Otherwise dirt will pack in there and pull it off.

I was gonna suggest that.. but what if u need to take it off and replace it before the nose is junk,, good luck trying to do that

I used the $18 Roppe self adhesive cove base material from Home Depot (20 foot box). It worked great and was easy to install with no mess at all. Heated it up in my tire hot box first and applied with no problem. No wrinkles, no gaps......perfect. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Back