Adjust or leave it be?

Menace61

Last year I managed to win a few races. Normally I was about 6 kart lengths behind the track point champion. This year I have turned the tables winning three out of four by 6 kart lengths or better (goofed up the first race or I would have won it also).
Now my dilemma, There are a couple of things that I think will make me even faster but I am hesitant to change anything until someone can beat me.
Do I experiment now or wait until someone can catch me?

Do it, see what happens. If not, you’ll always be wondering. Get it out of the way now, whatever the outcome, you’ll be better from then on. Just my thoughts. Be sure to keep us updated.

I vote leave it until they catch up. You never know if you may have just found something phenomenal and if you change it, you might never get it back. I say leave it until somebody gets better than you, then start methodically searching.

I wouldn’t change a thing, keep putting it to them until you get beat. We’ve been there, we’ve even been called cheaters lol, let them do their homework.

Always strive to be faster, if you take meticulous notes of every detail, it can be duplicated.
It only takes but 1 race for you to be chasing it again.
Like papaw always said, you're only as good as the competition you face.
Exactly right! They will catch up on setup by doing exactly what XXX says, then you are playing catch up

like has been stated, someone else is going to be working harder than you to take your place. its up to you to continue to work even harder to maintane your position so yes try it. im always looking for the new trick part of the month that may put me a step ahead, either it works or it dont

Make the changes and take notes of them , don't do them all at once . I'm sure the guy your beating now isn't happy running second to you and is working on being better than you !

Ok thanks for the opinions. I had the fastest kart again saturday but finished second. Just couldn't get around the leader. I'm going to make 1 small chassis adjustment and a gear change and take it to em this week.

For that night's track conditions the stars lined up and it worked great !! Don't bank on that happening 100 % for the rest of the season still need to stay on top of changing track conditions.

For that night's track conditions the stars lined up and it worked great !! Don't bank on that happening 100 % for the rest of the season still need to stay on top of changing track conditions.
Yeah I know. With the new clay on this track you have to be on your toes every week. In addition, this is a micro sprint track and our Kart class is always the first to get on it so it is always "raw". I normally run home made treads in the heat and then switch to thick rubber slicks for the feature. After warm ups were over Saturday I took the treads off and ran my slicks all night.

Hope to see you at 7 stars this Friday Ken.

Yeah I know. With the new clay on this track you have to be on your toes every week. In addition, this is a micro sprint track and our Kart class is always the first to get on it so it is always "raw". I normally run home made treads in the heat and then switch to thick rubber slicks for the feature. After warm ups were over Saturday I took the treads off and ran my slicks all night.

Hope to see you at 7 stars this Friday Ken.
Sounds good bring 11s and 33s prep and no prep.

Back