Advantages of running a JR TRITON

foxycuts5

What are the advantages that we are starting to see so many senior drivers running JR Triton's? What are the disadvantages? How long will they last?

Also wanted to ask what are the advantages of replacing the axle, spindles, and bearings?

Better weight transfer, harder biting chassis. Get the right tire on it and it will fly, not a guaranteed win in the kart, still have to get everything just right. For a smaller adult, 160 pounds or under it's a fast kart.

Better weight transfer, harder biting chassis. Get the right tire on it and it will fly, not a guaranteed win in the kart, still have to get everything just right. For a smaller adult, 160 pounds or under it's a fast kart.

Heard many people say this, but I've always wondered how the weight of the driver matters if you have to add weight to get to 380 for most classes anyway?

Some of the lighter adult drivers around here have won a lot of money on them though.

haha very true Morton! Its diet time!

I have seen them very quick with drivers weighing as much as 185lbs but still yet to see anyone heavier than that run one.

I find it funny that we are going back to soft chassis all the sudden after all these years of being told the stiffer chassis has more speed potential.

man somethings never change you take the best racers in karting and put them on a tricycle and they're going to win and everybody else would run out and buy new tricycle

I find it funny that we are going back to soft chassis all the sudden after all these years of being told the stiffer chassis has more speed potential.

I have thought the same thing. And especially with how people have discussed that the bigger tube chassis will flex out. Well if a bigger tube chassis can flex out, how long does it take a Triton Jr to flex out when you are running it at 375lbs?

I have seen guys with the Jr's that are fast and some that suck. The big named guys that are using them were winning with regular Triton's too, so I really wonder how much of an advantage the Jr is, if any

In my opinion it all goes back to tires. I believe the bigger tube chassis does in fact have more speed potential, but it takes a pretty spot on tire to make that happen. The cost of getting that tire is pretty high in that you will have to have wider selection to cover all your bases, which in turn requires more money. The smaller tube chassis are more forgiving when it comes to tires and are easier to hit on, which means one particular tire can be used for wider variations of track conditions. In the end it still will be the guys with the best overall tire knowledge who will come out on top.

well I'm not saying the chassis is not fast but them guys has been winning was winning on the 35 millimeter they was winning on the standard addition and they'll be winning on
the next chassis that they come out with .

well I'm not saying the chassis is not fast but them guys has been winning was winning on the 35 millimeter they was winning on the standard addition and they'll be winning on
the next chassis that they come out with .
These drivers could be running them to develop some setup numbers for this kart, since Phantom don't have them posted on the website yet.

IMO the Jr chassis fits some peoples' conditions and tire programs and thus, it produces good results. This is not true for everyone however. Finally, overall stiffness is not the only relevant stiffness on karts.

Todd
www.dynamicsofspeed.com

Clone med , heavy Adult small select seat 113 lb female driver

Don't forget to mention lead forward/back todd, I know that might seem like a dumb statement but I think she is gonna fly, and I'd like to see a girl win some big races :)

Gonna be a low vcg for sure with all that lead. Definitely huge potential for wins :)

I'd be on something like 58.5 left, 46.5 to 47 nose, 66 cross, +3/8, -3, LF back, RF forward, 10 and 13 castor. Seat back 9" off the axle, RR strut at 4.125" or so off the the motor rail, front of the seat 3/4" left of center to the steering upright. That's where I'd start. If you find you need more turning power you can pull the RF back and/or change to 7 and 10 castor.

Todd
www.dynamicsofspeed.com

Back