Age limits for preditor box stock class

Ours is 15 and up but my son runs the class and just turned 13. We usually run sr classes everywhere we go.

I think ours is 15 but Ive never heard of somebody not being allowed up a class. I think thats part of why our 300 classes are so... rough.

Here in Eastern KY i take my 8 year old boy to 2 different tracks

Riverside Kartway Ulysses, KY has a 7-9 Class and a 10-13 class before going over to weight classes. No plates and 250lb weight limit for the 7-9 class
Mountaineer Kartway Isom, KY Purple Plate not sure what the age group is every kid that races with him is around 7-10 265lb weight limit

Both have a 5500 RPM Rule

Last edited:
Here in Eastern KY i take my 8 year old boy to 2 different tracks

Riverside Kartway Ulysses, KY has a 7-9 Class and a 10-13 class before going over to weight classes. No plates and 250lb weight limit for the 7-9 class
Mountaineer Kartway Isom, KY Purple Plate not sure what the age group is every kid that races with him is around 7-10 265lb weight limit

Both have a 5500 RPM Rule
7-9 without a plate at 250lbs. WOOF Our purple predators have enough problem at 250

Purple is 9-15 @250

adult is 16+ no plate

7-9 without a plate at 250lbs. WOOF Our purple predators have enough problem at 250

Purple is 9-15 @250

adult is 16+ no plate
Yeah I agree they should be on Green plates for the 7-9 and purple/blue for the 10-13. I also think the RPM Rule should be reduced to 5100 and they need a gearing rule as well. Maybe even bump the weight up some. these kids are almost 100lbs lighter than the adults and running the same setup

I go strictly by the book . AKRA age and weights . Jr1/ Red plate 7 to 10 , Jr2/Green plate 10 to 12 , Jr3/Purple and Blue plate 12 to 15 . Adult classes are 15 and up . I have a Dirt Squirt class that is 4 to 6 / 79cc Pred or Stock Comer . To many tracks make up their classes from peer pressure from the parents that have a Little Jimmy that is the next "Big Time Driver" and they believe they should move right on up . I saw a track let a 10 year old girl race in a blue plate , because it was a money race , and Daddy kicked in some money . Track owners and Promoters need to stand fast and don't give in to the pressure . One of these days a child is going to be seriously hurt from the recklessness of peer pressure !

I go strictly by the book . AKRA age and weights . Jr1/ Red plate 7 to 10 , Jr2/Green plate 10 to 12 , Jr3/Purple and Blue plate 12 to 15 . Adult classes are 15 and up . I have a Dirt Squirt class that is 4 to 6 / 79cc Pred or Stock Comer . To many tracks make up their classes from peer pressure from the parents that have a Little Jimmy that is the next "Big Time Driver" and they believe they should move right on up . I saw a track let a 10 year old girl race in a blue plate , because it was a money race , and Daddy kicked in some money . Track owners and Promoters need to stand fast and don't give in to the pressure . One of these days a child is going to be seriously hurt from the recklessness of peer pressure !
I disagree with this comment. We have kids as young as 8 years old wheeling full size cars that can flat out drive some of the so called adults. Age has nothing to do with talent and that should always be taken into consideration. No different than some rookie joining a adult class that could barely get out if his own way or would you rather race a 12 or 13yo kid who has thousands and thousands of laps that’s competitive everywhere we go.

I disagree with this comment. We have kids as young as 8 years old wheeling full size cars that can flat out drive some of the so called adults. Age has nothing to do with talent and that should always be taken into consideration. No different than some rookie joining a adult class that could barely get out if his own way or would you rather race a 12 or 13yo kid who has thousands and thousands of laps that’s competitive everywhere we go.
I would rather go by a set of rules , than to give in . I know kids that are very well adapted to being able to run with the next age group , and are more mature for their age . But that is not the point . If you give in to 1 parents demands , and let Little Jimmy run the next class up , then you got a host of other parents wanting the same thing , which creates a box of worms , because now you have to let a kid or kids , that are not as ready , do the same thing . I would rather lose 1 racer because of rules , rather than a whole class , that can follow the rules ..

I would rather go by a set of rules , than to give in . I know kids that are very well adapted to being able to run with the next age group , and are more mature for their age . But that is not the point . If you give in to 1 parents demands , and let Little Jimmy run the next class up , then you got a host of other parents wanting the same thing , which creates a box of worms , because now you have to let a kid or kids , that are not as ready , do the same thing . I would rather lose 1 racer because of rules , rather than a whole class , that can follow the rules ..
I respect that.

Nobody whose age does not end with "teen" should be allowed to race with adults. If a 12 year old kid has the talent to go up, then go run a more competitive series. I'd bet that little jimmy doesnt look so good with a whole bunch of little jimmys and parents with deep pockets.

Nobody whose age does not end with "teen" should be allowed to race with adults. If a 12 year old kid has the talent to go up, then go run a more competitive series. I'd bet that little jimmy doesnt look so good with a whole bunch of little jimmys and parents with deep pockets.
We thought we were good until we started traveling last year. When the toter homes started rolling in you quickly realize its no cake walk!!!

No but when you have a whole crew, walls of tires, and the best money can buy it definitely helps. I honestly think jr racing is harder than adult racing. Dads will spend THOUSANDS for a victory and I would to but my wallet says otherwise.
The lengths that some parents go to for their kids is either awe inspiring or terrifying :ROFLMAO:

I always like to watch the two dads that want to trade punches over their 5 year olds trading paint.

Oh, and I'd love to have the cash to have a toter, but not yet anyway.

Back