Aim shipping cost

How much has aim charged for return shipping to you. I recently sent them a Mychron4 paid $7 to ship to Virginia. I just seen my bank statement and they charged me $27 from Virginia to KY is that normal for them?

I shipped one to them last year and the return shipping was a little high but I thought the cost to repair the tach was really cheap. Overall I thought it was a great deal to repair my tach.

Original Poster never mentioned how it was shipped to AIM.

Shipping a Mychron from Illinois to Kentucky is basically the same as Virginia to Kentucky.

From my UPS "Business" account, with our tier reduction.

Standard Ground $21.66 Published Rate $23.40
Standard Ground Insured $25.86 Published Rate $27.60

If AIM "kept" an extra $1.74...….good for them. With the cost of overhead, not to mention tape, boxes, packing material, and upkeep/depreciation of a good shipping computer system, I wouldn't blame them. You would be surprised how many business's have a flat fee added to every order for handling on a shipment.

Now ship that exact box, half the distance, to a remote residence in Missouri, about $3 more.

I can ship that same gauge anywhere in the continental USA via USPS Regional Rate A with no insurance for anywhere from $8 to $10 and it will be there in three days or less.

Lots of variables...…..we probably have a way better negotiated rate than AIM, and our volume probably ten times higher (or more)

AIM is one of the very few OEM karting companies with Repair Service and Technical support.

Be glad you didn't have to ship it to Italy for repairs :)

I took it to the post office, they wrapped in bubble wrap, and put in a box. They charged me $7.35. I was just seeing if $27 was normal shipping cost? I ship a lot of fishing rods ups, in 8’ long pvc pipe. The most I’ve ever paid is around $25. I just thought $27 for a 6”x6” box was awful high

I received my Mychron back from them for repairs a few weeks ago. Just checked my invoice and it was $19.52 from their shop in Virginia to Pennsylvania. The invoice also states it was shipped FedEx. With the costs of shipping these days, that price seemed perfectly reasonable to me.

The Mychron folks offer amazing support for their customers. They seem as if they always want to put the customer first. I am just guessing they have a lot of shipping insurance for the units leaving their shop to cover any liability on their part.

Thanks again to the Mychron team for the awesome support!

Back