air filters... r2c k&n... ?

tan3x

Probably lot of answers on this but what's a good air filter? My carb from last weekend didn't look very good. Thanks

Both are good! Know people that run K&N and people that run R2Cs.. Also have the ones that run and Oiled K&N while the track has some dust then switch to R2C when it cleans up and the dust goes away! User choice!

I loved my R2C on my kart...into a sportmmod now and bought the full size one. Very easy to use and wash but always let them air dry. Definately increased the life in both kart and car engines.

If you are using it right, any air filter will keep the dirt and dust out of your engine, no matter what brand. A properly oiled filter will keep anything but air out, and an overoiled one will even keep the air out lol. Like these guys said above, i also dont like the R2C, had problems with dirt getting into it so now it just hangs on the wall in the trailer in case someone needs it

agree.....ran the "it's an air filter" kind, R2C and the K&N....if used right, any and all of them work well. personal preference has more to do with what you use than anything anyone else can suggest. Also, there is a lot to be said for a prefilter to help keep crap out of your engine.

This is a two race old R2C after running on a dusty track. I did not run a pre-filter.

I normally run K&N style oiled filters with a pre-filter and have not had any issues.

I'm going to try the R2C using a prefilter one more time, if there is any dust inside the carb it's going in the trash...

Attachments

• R2C Dirt.jpg
    R2C Dirt.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 113
  • R2C Filter.jpg
    R2C Filter.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 103
Used a brand new R2c once and gave it away. Like everyone else has noticed they don't keep dust out. How are they still in business and why would anyone use one? They don't even flow well on the flow bench.

had one on a 270 micro. fresh nic'd cylinder at the beginning of the season. Properly cleaned with soapy water and let air dry. End of the season i had to send the cylinder back out to be re-nic'd because of all the dust the r2c let in. They're complete and utter garbage.

Back