Air filters

dirt guy

I currently run a k&n filter. Outerwears over the filter and then foam over that. Had an engine problem. Dirt ingestion.
It is cleaned and oiled before every race.
What types of filters are people running? And has anyone encountered this? What you do to fix? Thanks

I had an issue with dust getting into my carb with heavily oiled filters, outerwear/foam, TIGHT clamps, etc. Putting a VERY THIN film of white lithium grease inside my air filter where it sits on carb flange fixed this for me.

you can get a UNI foam cover for it and oil the foam. if you look a lot of the pros use the foam cover especially during the day when the track can be dusty just look at Nall's and Chavous's filters. have no idea where they get the black foam that fits a K&N the UNI is red and a bit thicker and its made for a k&n.

I currently run a k&n filter. Outerwears over the filter and then foam over that. Had an engine problem. Dirt ingestion.
It is cleaned and oiled before every race.
What types of filters are people running? And has anyone encountered this? What you do to fix? Thanks
The only time I encountered this issue was with a K&N air filter that had a small hole from installing and bending the filter cage.

My maintenance routine is removing the dirty filter, spraying some K&N filter cleaner, and forcing the dirt out with the water hose. Then blowing compressed air from inside to out on the filter. Let it dry overnight and once its dry spray some Maxima FAB1 super tacky on the outside only of the air filter. Slip the outwear cover on and that's about it. I been doing this for 40+ races and never get any contamination on my carbs. My carbs sit very low in the front section of my engine with no additional foams. I've ran my kart on dry slick and high bite tracks and still no issues to report. I wonder if you have a slight hole on that air filter?

Be careful some preps can melt outerwares have holes in some when I rolled on a bunch of aggressive at the grid. Lol

Found something. Right where it seals to filter cup. Got new filters and outerwear.
Everyone thanks again.

Attachments

• IMG_1843.jpeg
    IMG_1843.jpeg
    133.5 KB · Views: 29
Back