Air pressure on soft track

dirttrax

Question I been running left side at 4 and rights at 5. I've read the softer the track the softer the tire but what about air pressure? Would going up on air pressure get more sidebite?
Tires are 11,s and 33a. Maybe I'm wrong but with soft track, soft tire I feel if it's just to soft. I maybe wrong as this is all new to me.

If you want more grip going up on psi will most likely hurt you. Work with someone that is good with tires, you can gain grip with chemical, rubber thickness, or type of cut. If I ever go up in air it is to free the kart up.

deleted because I'm not sure about what I wrote

There was nothing wrong with your post Paul.
Soft = to moist or it would not be soft, to moist = less grip, less grip = less air.
I operate a 1/8th mile track that is HARD but on Fri nights stay's wet slick it requires round cut 11's wiped hard outside and 3 & 4 lb of air to get a hold of it, I don't think your to soft unless your duro is below 25.

Tire prep is most controversial topic.i hear these pit crickets going around asking what prep everyone’s running and how many wipes🤣.they just need to stick to what they have in the tool cart instead of bouncing around trailer to trailer trying to find something to mask a problem somewhere else.in my opinion they could bought 3 sets of tires to play w instead of 1200$ in preps they pour out in the oil bin after the races just to run 8th out 12 karts.when they could changed a gear and 1 tire and ran 4th

I have found that (has worked for me from time to time) is that if your tire has enough bite in it, i was able to go up a little bit in psi to get the tire a little more out of the track.... Now this is not an every time type of situation just has worked for me (im no tire master just tried it and turned out to be ok)

Question I been running left side at 4 and rights at 5. I've read the softer the track the softer the tire but what about air pressure? Would going up on air pressure get more sidebite?
Tires are 11,s and 33a. Maybe I'm wrong but with soft track, soft tire I feel if it's just to soft. I maybe wrong as this is all new to me.

I would also be concerned about roll speed with running that low of psi on Burris. Now, if you're on a bullring track, you'll be just fine...but anything larger, I'd want to be up on air even if I'm soft on duro.
If you have any specific questions about our Burris tire program or our prep line, I'd be glad to answer your questions and provide support. Just give us a call at the shop.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back