Akra 2013

You just gave him some false information!!! The stem on the valve is not nitrate coated. Also, if you can remove the "so called" nitrate coating with a type of cleaner, then it is not a true nitrate coated valve and therefore not legal.

You just gave him some false information!!! The stem on the valve is not nitrate coated. Also, if you can remove the "so called" nitrate coating with a type of cleaner, then it is not a true nitrate coated valve and therefore not legal.

This is correct from what i understood

I tried the "stock" stainless exhaust valve in hopes of the retainer groove NOT mushrooming..but when you turn 'em up and they float a little they are junk just like the standard ones..and precedence the rules will likely change by March or April. Funny they now allow 3 angle valve grinds and stainless valves but you can't run a piston backwards if you think it will do ya any good.

Funny they now allow 3 angle valve grinds

I will make an addition to your statement " Funny they now allow 3 angle valve seat grinds" there is nothing unusual or strange about this. These are clones of Honda engines, it would only be correct to allow proper repair procedures to be used. Check a Honda GX repair manual the process is clearly explained and the proper valve seat cutters are listed. I have said this before 3 angles on the valve seat is the correct procedure if you are refinishing valve seat, With any less you are implementing procedures pre to the mid 1950's. Why would the rules not allow 3 angles.

Only to allow the red clone motors to be build and run with the others..the yellow got in short supply and they let the red ones in with 3 angle valve grinds and stainless pushrods and stainless valves..all as to not make it appear that Jimmy Sims motors were the only ones allowed in the class..what about the new "forged"/performance rod..these motors are becoming just like iPhones..every year there is something new that alot of people think you have to have..monkey see monkey do..no need for all of this if you do regular maintenance on your own motor your self.

I strongly encourage you to purchase the book for 2014 ( be out soon in late Dec. or early Jan. ) as well as strongly recommend you join AKRA. There is an incredible amount of information in the book about AKRA rules and not just the engine area. Membership has it's privileges.

Is it out yet?

.what about the new "forged"/performance rod..
The rod is not forged, it is manufactured to a higher standard, simply a better quality part, it will not provide a performance gain. It may however be less likely to fail, the original rod was already sufficient for the BSP engine. You would not have to change rods unless you wanted to.

The rod is not forged, it is manufactured to a higher standard, simply a better quality part, it will not provide a performance gain. It may however be less likely to fail, the original rod was already sufficient for the BSP engine. You would not have to change rods unless you wanted to.

I realize it is not forged but a "quality" cast unit..if it were it would cost more and you might as well allow a billet rod. Never had a rod failure myself..knock knock on wood..we turn ours 6500..I just stay on top of the maintenance..

Only to allow the red clone motors to be build and run with the others..the yellow got in short supply and they let the red ones in with 3 angle valve grinds and stainless pushrods and stainless valves..all as to not make it appear that Jimmy Sims motors were the only ones allowed in the class..what about the new "forged"/performance rod..these motors are becoming just like iPhones..every year there is something new that alot of people think you have to have..monkey see monkey do..no need for all of this if you do regular maintenance on your own motor your self.
Greg... I know firsthand what you go through to make a fast engine. I would put your engine up against ANYONE'S in this country... Bar none. Rock Island has proved this! I wish you would do a thread on what to do between every race for other people to learn from...

No, it should be available by Mid Jan. Books are being printed as we speek

It's mid January!

And to think I waited all this time just to make this statement today! What a waste of time... lol... anywho... really, is it available?

Back