AKRA Cam upgrade

If you do a leakdown and it is good and all other things are on then you have a kart that is not right like GClary stated

That very well could be a portion of the issue. When feature time rolls around im stuck to the track pretty good, and i have noticed on my tack rpm drops are pretty consistent 11-1300 drops from hotlaps when the track has not came in and its slick and i am actually off the gas to feature time when im stuck pretty good and can flatfoot. Also i have noticed some of my friends who run boxstock predators there only dropping 4-500 and that includes my cousin whos coming in at 430lbs. I may be stuck to good.

Have you cc'd the engine ? Are you using a thicker head gasket ? Stock rod , crank , ect ? Not many Saturday night tracks will do many checks in tech , but if you decide to go to a bigger event , you may get tossed . I have taken a Cl3 above 7000 rpms and had no issues . I like the Cl2 on small tracks . I run in the Super Heavy class or Sumo at times and my drops are usually no more than 500 to 600 even on the tight bullring 1/10 mile I call my home track . I would say its more a kart issue rather than engine . JMO
What gear do you pull at that 1/10th bull ring?

What gear do you pull at that 1/10th bull ring?
11/59,60 dry -12/62-64 when it has bite . Fastest lap time 9.34 on Vegas yellow running Super Heavy . Always around 6750 to 7000 rpms with 500 to 600 drops and only burp it when its slick , most of the time on the floor .

@GClay ... Have you ever tried 13/65 on the 1/10th mile bullring? Just curious I built my motor with JRPW AKRA upgrade kit which consists of ported head CL3 cam and attack series carb ... I also bought the ARC billet flywheel set timing with stock key .32 degrees of timing .. I was geared 12/68 and was only turning max 6200 RPMS. My nephew's have EV6 cam and they were geared 12/65 turning 6900 to 7000 RPMS and I could run tight with them .. Wanted to know about gearing cause I wanted to try 13/65 on bullring.....

I'd bet you money its in the kart and tires. That old Blaze is likely worn plum out and your tire game is probably lacking some. We've seen proper tires add 800rpm and several 10ths many many times without touching gear or motor. My guess is the front runners in your class are on much newer chassis and have a much better tire program. Motor/cam is the least of your problems.

@GClay ... Have you ever tried 13/65 on the 1/10th mile bullring? Just curious I built my motor with JRPW AKRA upgrade kit which consists of ported head CL3 cam and attack series carb ... I also bought the ARC billet flywheel set timing with stock key .32 degrees of timing .. I was geared 12/68 and was only turning max 6200 RPMS. My nephew's have EV6 cam and they were geared 12/65 turning 6900 to 7000 RPMS and I could run tight with them .. Wanted to know about gearing cause I wanted to try 13/65 on bullring.....
You go want more rpm out of that engine atlease 6800 if I was on a 12/68 and only turning 6200rpm I would be dropping a driver gear and going to the low 60s on the rear.

Thanks to you both.. I am running like new Burris Treads kart is a 2017 Ultramax Rival small tube... I can run with the leaders our track is one lane only... Hard to pass on outside..New motor just upgraded head with the JRPW upgrade kit.. Gonna run smaller driver this Saturday...

Back