AKRA Effective Immediately

DynoDon

Due to safety reasons AKRA will not allow any fuel filter between the fuel pump and the carburetor. The only fuel filter allowed will be in line prior to the fuel filter.

I understand that there must have been a incident involving a fuel filter that cracked and a fire was the ending result but fuel lines and fuel pumps have also cracked and leaked ...it really comes down to a maintenance problem ... are we giving a grace period on this ?

Just curious, had someone call me and said wka also posted something for the Charlotte race about this, and this person said that comments on their facebook post was more about people using the filter to hold cheated fuel for qualifying then anything else, was just curious if that was just all BS or what? sorry to get off topic

The filters being used were of a cheap material. Many would crack at the nipple when placing the fuel line on and it wasn’t noticed right away. Others were on so long that the heat from the engine would make them brittle and they would break. Nothing to do with illegal fuel

The filters being used were of a cheap material. Many would crack at the nipple when placing the fuel line on and it wasn’t noticed right away. Others were on so long that the heat from the engine would make them brittle and they would break. Nothing to do with illegal fuel
yeah that's what i figured, but like I said alot of people was making comments on their fakebook post, so I figured id ask

Back