AKRA min weights

cking

Can all the valve train parts on a clone be lightened to the AKRA minimums listed?
Pushrods, retainers, rockers, lifters and valves can they be machined to the minimum weights?

The rule stating "no machining" was there when I first started karting. 1966 But here's the thing, if it's a machine surface to start with, how can anybody tell if there's been any additional machining. I would say it's illegal to remove metal from a surface that has not been previously machined. As long as all the technical specifications are met, who can tell if it's been "massaged".

If the item is stated that machining is permitted then it would be legal. If not it is not legal. Even though the statement “ compared to known stock part “ is missing from the book it is still used by certified tech.

My point being; how can you tell who machined it? If a part meets the spec, and parts from the factory sometimes do, how can you argue with the person? What do you say to the person? How about; "this engine is just to perfect, you're disqualified"!

Thanks for the replies. I will have to get current akra manual to see if machining is allowed on the retainer, pushrods and rockers.

Back