AKRA, NKA

Nka allows a different cam and no porting. Akra has a duration rule on the cam and does allow porting

Actually, if there was one engine over the other the other engine wouldn’t be considered. There has been no proof that one is better than the other. When tracks allow both to compete against each other it is equal. Tires tires tires

I just don't see how the ported head allowed in AKRA cannot be leaps and bounds better than non-porting in NKA. You mean to tell me you can put one engine against the other and not see a significant difference in power with the ported AKRA head?

For the most part given the engine size and operating range of the engine the ports as is are probably already a touch big. Same deal with the flatheads. Valve job and correct cam and cam timing would net you the same end result given the pieces allowed. For simplicities sake for the techs and builders NKA with the untouched port removes a variable already making life simpler. I’d vote NKA.

Stealth porting and head refinments , brought about the akra porting allowed rule . As did participant requests .
Equalizing the head of the month Syndrome.

I just don't see how the ported head allowed in AKRA cannot be leaps and bounds better than non-porting in NKA. You mean to tell me you can put one engine against the other and not see a significant difference in power with the ported AKRA head?
It’s because of the duration difference in the two, yes porting the head achieves air flow and as long as you’re just considering the head.... but when you add more duration that NKA allows just increases the air flow as well, so you’ve achieved the same goal but two different ways

For the most part given the engine size and operating range of the engine the ports as is are probably already a touch big. Same deal with the flatheads. Valve job and correct cam and cam timing would net you the same end result given the pieces allowed. For simplicities sake for the techs and builders NKA with the untouched port removes a variable already making life simpler. I’d vote NKA.
Not porting adds the big variable.

Back