Akra-nka

There is a lot of information in the clone section. AKRA built engine will pass at NKA events. Around these parts NKA tracks are growing. Most arent doing anything to their motors as of now when going from AKRA to NKA, yet anyhow.

I'm having trouble with the wording of some of the NKA rules. For instance, can I modify the upper oil seal (valve seal)? Is the only check the .027 max thickness? Thanks for clarification.

I'm having trouble with the wording of some of the NKA rules. For instance, can I modify the upper oil seal (valve seal)? Is the only check the .027 max thickness? Thanks for clarification.

Upper seals are optional. They may be used on Intake and/or Exhaust. Thickness of the seal is non-tech.

The rubber in the seals is also a non-tech item.

I cut some of the metal off the seal as well as remove the rubber. Would it be legal to do so? Thanks.

Most people toss the oil seal altogether and just use shims to get installed height where they want it

I cut some of the metal off the seal as well as remove the rubber. Would it be legal to do so? Thanks.

The rubber doesn't have to be there. So yes, you can remove it.

When you say "cut some metal off the seal", are you saying you made it thinner so as to make it work to get proper install height of .815? If that is the case, you will be ok. If you cut metal from the outer edges of the lip on the seal, that may very well get you in trouble depending on the individual doing the tech.

It shouldn't matter who techs. I won't say exactly what I do remove but I do alter the metal. I don't want the seal holding oil around the valve stem. I sure would like to know if I'm legal prior to getting tossed after a race. AKRA allows this and I've heard it stated here that an AKRA motor will pass NKA tech.

Back